Mft !

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
City, State
DFW, TexUS
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 Sport, 13 F350 6.7CCSB
My First Trouble with the MFT...

connected our ipod via usb and it seems to have to index and build voice commands every time the ex is restarted.... is there a way to not have to do that for the 1000 songs every time ?

Today, it was playing, but at low volume and the volume control did not work on any sources !!!!

I turned off, etc,,, multiple times, unplugged the ipod, and it still won't allow volume control ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the My Ford Disappointment club.

Nope. That's pretty much the way it works. My iPod would just start and play. Didn't take too long, and I have a lot more than a thousand songs on it.

connected our ipod via usb and it seems to have to index and build voice commands every time the ex is restarted.... is there a way to not have to do that for the 1000 songs every time ?

Today, it was playing, but at low volume and the volume control did not work on any sources !!!!

I turned off, etc,,, multiple times, unplugged the ipod, and it still won't allow volume control ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :(

There is/used to be/ a Ford program called syncmyitunes available on their site. Run your music through that. It tweaks some of the music file tags to make them more MFT compatible.

Also, it seems that sometimes Sync never actually properly creates the index when indexing upon vehicle startup so it will reindex everytime you start the car. To fix this, once Sync is done building the index upon startup, have it rebuild the index manually. There is an option to do this.

Finally,
to speed up indexing, pause playback from your Ipod - this works wonders on improving speed as the system isn't accessing the USB interface for two seperate tasks - I have 750 songs on a USB drive and it takes about 1 minute max (I've timed it) to index

Finally, head on over to www.outofmytouch.com and follow the directions to download the reboot file. Load it onto a thumbdrive to reboot MFT.

There is/used to be/ a Ford program called syncmyitunes available on their site. Run your music through that. It tweaks some of the music file tags to make them more MFT compatible.

jrmexplorer, that program still available @ www.syncmyride.com

BM:salute:

Hi, JohnBoyToo!

Are you still having issues with the volume? If so, you can perform a master reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > GEARS

Please note, this will delete all SYNC and Navigation related settings; restoring everything to factory defaults. If you don't with to erase everything, please follow the instructions from jrmexplorer.

For SYNC My iTunes, log in to your SYNC Account and click on SYNC UPDATES, then scroll to the bottom of the page. After you click on the link, click GET SYNC MY ITUNES and you'll receive a file download pop-up. Like jrmexplorer said, this should take care of your constant indexing.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca,
Let's see if it happens again... before we start all over...

still haven't gotten everything set up the first time, so would like to go thru it at least once before we start over :)

When u say log into sync, do you mean from the explorer ?
I am totally unfamiliar with the explorer and sync and what it does....
used to I would stay up all night reading the manual on my new cars, but this is hers and I haven't had the time to read it yet :)
just downloaded it and did a quick browse... but nothing intense...

the first thing I need to do is see if the mft is smart enough to connect to a second hone automatically when the favorite phone is not in there...
I know it can recognize two phones but if I'm driving by myself I have to manually connect...

it's the wife's ex so want it seamless for her (and after 3 cars with bluetooth - glad she is finally using the hands free)

ok, next hurdle :)
trying to connect the other phone and have it activate if her's is not around didn't work...
so I did the vehicle health report thingy...

seemed to work after I had to come back inside and register again (even though I was registered for my 2012 f250) and now I'm trying to find the health report to review it...

where did you hide it ? :)

i did see this on the right of my ford screen for the Explorer...

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1
Confirmed installations
DA5T-14D546-BB
DA5T-14D546-DB
DA5T-14F496-AH
DA5T-14F497-AJ
DA5T-14F657-AK

anyone speak Klingon or is that C3PO ?!? -
the purpose of dispensing information is to communicate and how does dast-14f657-ak communicate ? :) :) :)

Thanks Rebecca,
Let's see if it happens again... before we start all over...

still haven't gotten everything set up the first time, so would like to go thru it at least once before we start over :)

When u say log into sync, do you mean from the explorer ?
I am totally unfamiliar with the explorer and sync and what it does....
used to I would stay up all night reading the manual on my new cars, but this is hers and I haven't had the time to read it yet :)
just downloaded it and did a quick browse... but nothing intense...

You're welcome!

You'll want to log in to her SYNC Account from SYNCMyRide.com on a PC or MAC.

ok, next hurdle :)
trying to connect the other phone and have it activate if her's is not around didn't work...
so I did the vehicle health report thingy...

seemed to work after I had to come back inside and register again (even though I was registered for my 2012 f250) and now I'm trying to find the health report to review it...

where did you hide it ? :)

i did see this on the right of my ford screen for the Explorer...

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1
Confirmed installations
DA5T-14D546-BB
DA5T-14D546-DB
DA5T-14F496-AH
DA5T-14F497-AJ
DA5T-14F657-AK

anyone speak Klingon or is that C3PO ?!? -
the purpose of dispensing information is to communicate and how does dast-14f657-ak communicate ? :) :) :)

Did you have to manually connect your phone in the phone menu?

The Vehicle Health Report will probably be in the SYNC account for your F-250. It's all linked to the primary phone number on SYNCMyRide; since you were using yours, it'll be in that account.

The "Confirmed installs" that you posted above are the different SYNC applications installed on your MyFord Touch. So, one is for SYNC Services, another is for Vehicle Health Report, etc. and some owners will have more while others have less.

Rebecca

Back