Michelin Primacy A/S vs Michlin CrossClimate 2 vs Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Michelin Primacy A/S vs Michlin CrossClimate 2 vs Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2

Hello everyone:

So I'm doing research on new tires, and I've compared most of them but some were to close to tell what was better. So everyone says CrossClimate 2s are the best, but another said Primacy A/S were better. I generic tire comparison site showed Bridgeston Blizzak DM-V2s as the best. Anybody had experience with these tires or has any input? I need more snow capability since we receuve 32 inches of snow a year but still need dry performance also.

Thanks!

Hello everyone:

So I'm doing research on new tires, and I've compared most of them but some were to close to tell what was better. So everyone says CrossClimate 2s are the best, but another said Primacy A/S were better. I generic tire comparison site showed Bridgeston Blizzak DM-V2s as the best. Anybody had experience with these tires or has any input? I need more snow capability since we receuve 32 inches of snow a year but still need dry performance also.

Thanks!
imo both serve dufferent purposes. the blizzaks are bssucally a dedicated winter tire, while the primacy is a dedicated as/streetish tire since it lacks the 3pmsf and ice traction the blizzaks have. since the blizzak is a winter tire though im not sure id run it on a DD during the dry months. during the dry months the primacy is good, but it may suffer during the cold months. for your use id choose a mild 3pmsf tire, or have a deciated summer and winter set. one example of a mild 3pmsf if the kunho crugen ht from my research, i believe there is also a michelin as that is 3pmsf with a weird tread pattern iirc.

(disclaimer- no experience with either tire just based on prior research into tires)

imo both serve dufferent purposes. the blizzaks are bssucally a dedicated winter tire, while the primacy is a dedicated as/streetish tire since it lacks the 3pmsf and ice traction the blizzaks have. since the blizzak is a winter tire though im not sure id run it on a DD during the dry months. during the dry months the primacy is good, but it may suffer during the cold months. for your use id choose a mild 3pmsf tire, or have a deciated summer and winter set. one example of a mild 3pmsf if the kunho crugen ht from my research, i believe there is also a michelin as that is 3pmsf with a weird tread pattern iirc.

(disclaimer- no experience with either tire just based on prior research into tires)
Well if the Primacys arent 3PMSF rated those are out, if the Blizzaks are too wintery that leaves the CrossClimates. Plus, If the snow is to heavy we have a F150 and Raptor and they both do well in snow

Well if the Primacys arent 3PMSF rated those are out, if the Blizzaks are too wintery that leaves the CrossClimates. Plus, If the snow is to heavy we have a F150 and Raptor and they both do well in snow
oh in that case yes maybe the crossclimate. it splits the difference between the two

Back