Michigan Explorers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Michigan Explorers

SO when we go what do we have to do to get in? Just like buy a flag and we just get let loose? Anything I need to bring with besides a few cold beverages?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will need a flag, an ORV sticker, and a State Park pass. They also have a new system where you go down the road about 1/2 mile from the entrance and get a voucher to get in. If you are ready to go straight in the dunes, you get a "dune ready" voucher. If you have a trailer with quads or there is something that you need to do in the parking lot of the dunes then you get a different voucher. They will have times on them and that reduces the wait in line. It shouldn't be that busy now, but I have waited all night in line before. Either way it is a good time.

thanks sethro
would you want to join us there or do you have other plans?

Originally posted by 95XLT
would you want to join us there or do you have other plans?

Unfortunatly, I just saw his X for sale :( so I'm guessing that is a no.

Yeah, I probably won't be going, do you guys want to buy my X?

cold beverages? beer?..............jk

Well, her eis a list of people going as of now:
(if your not on the list and want to go post here now!)
-Travis (95XLT) (My parents may join me too...in my truck of course....I don't think a RWD Mercedes would do good on the dunes...would it?)
-Jason (espnfreak)
-Jason's Dad (98BlueSOHC)
-Michigander

Anyone who wants to come, let me know asap!

-Travis

It sounds like such a good time you just may see me make an appearance, Hopefully I will have a dirtbike by then. You guys are going next weekend right?

SOB!!! Well, it looks like I am on rebuilt #2. The X will be in the shop on Monday to figure out WTF the deal is. If it is done by Saturday, I will be there.

Sethro,
it would be cool if you showed up. Yeah we are going sunday the 30th, unless it doesn't work out since michiganders truck has a problem.

Michigander,
So I assume your tranny is what you talking about? Man that really sux. How many miles were on the rebuild? When I had mine done, I actually had a new unit put in verses a rebuild. It was more cash, but hopefully it will last as long as the stock trans. did. I only spent the extra because on a previous ford we had (91 Taurus) my Dad went through 3 rebuilds and then had a replacement put in and it lasted longer. Also I got a 2 year 24,000 mile warentee on it...so thats cool

better switch the date again

Jay,
I'm waiting to get word from Michigander because both he and I have pretty busy schedules. If his truck is still down on friday or saturday, then we will switch to a date on october.

Yeah, the freeken tranny. It has 24K on the rebuild. I will know either Monday or Tuesday when I get the car back.... and I'll let you guys know

Well, good luck michigander. Hopefully it's under warentee???
ALso how many miles did your origional one last for?

The original tranny lasted about 78K, and I just hit 100,000K this weekend. Now the truck is undrivable so I have my parents Supercharged Park Avenue. That car is actually damn fun to drive.... there is nothing better than beating a kid in a stang with a park ave.

I'm not sure if it is under warrenty, but I am finding out today.

Michigander,
WHy don't you just throw a lift on the Park Ave. and bring it up to Silver lake?! :)

Anyway..does your truck have a tranny cooler? 78K on the origional is sorta short. Mine towed all it's life and lasted 91K. Now I have a tranny cooler I put in and I got synthetic ATF in there and it shifts a heck ofa lot better then stock. Especially with those bigger tires I would think a tranny cooler might save you some problems down the line....
Just an idea..
Again, good luck

IT'S ON!!!

Ok... my tranny should be done on Friday, so I will be making the trip. Riding shotgun will be Mike (Mike 92 XLT). I will also try to get my friend who owns a new Ranger Edge to come and another friend in a beater '79 F150... oh yeah... they're might be a little pesky wrangler following my around.

When/where are we all meeting. I can do a weekend thing or a day trip or whatever. How far is this from GVSU?? I have peeps there that I could spend the night with.

Keep in touch.

So what's the deal??

Oh, sorry I didn't reply sooner.
I was planning on a day trip unless you want to come up here to GVSU sat. night and stay w/ your buddies and we can go early sunday. SIlver lake is about 45-60 minuts north of here I estimate. WHen do you think we should all meet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

real quick. I won't be attending any runs for the rest of 2001. But i spend a little over a month in the muskegon/whitehall area and I spend some time on the dunes wach year. I havn't used my X yet though. My jeep has the ORV and state park stickers and the flag. anyway, I just wanted to say keep me in mind next summer. It would be nice to be with a group next time I go.

Thanks

Adam

Back