Middle seat in an Explorer/Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Middle seat in an Explorer/Mountaineer

jvslax27

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 mountaineer
Does anyone know if the middle seat in the explorer/mountaineer can be swapped out to the 2003-2005 middle seat that has the shoulder seat belt? I wanted to get rid of the lap belt in the middle of my 02?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am pretty sure that all of the 02-05 explorer/ mountaineer interiors will interchange.

Does anyone know if the middle seat in the explorer/mountaineer can be swapped out to the 2003-2005 middle seat that has the shoulder seat belt? I wanted to get rid of the lap belt in the middle of my 02?
This swap should work, I think the bases for both seats are the same, as long as you don't have the 2 bucket setup

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I swapped out my 03 3-seater second row and installed 04 buckets and console.

i think that the leather is different from on the mountaineer depending on the trim levels/2 tone etc. and the explorer I believe is different altogether.

I'm pretty sure that it would work, but it may be a different color. You may be able to swap the seat covers and modify the upper one so you can use the seat belt. And 02-05 interiors will all swap. I put a complete interior from an 03 with a third row into my 02 without one. The only problems were swapping the studs in the floor to bolt the seats in, and rewiring the front seat belt pretensioners because the plug is different. Also, you have to swap the carpet because it's different.

Back