MIL eliminators- Wiring help!!

xploda01

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 xlt
does anyone know if these work? http://www.mileliminators.com/
the're supposed to turn off the CEL of you've taken the catalytic converters off. tell me if i'm wrong but all they do is hook inline with the rear o2 sensor to tell the computer that the exhaust if still clean.

this little contraption looks really simple and if it infact works.....i want to make my own pair instead of spending $30 for what can maybe be made for a few bucks.....they look simple enough to make, i just dont know whats under that black insulation??...if anyone knows what they're made of it'd be appreciated. maybe some sort of resistor or something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look like resistors to me, covered in shrink wrap.

They are resistors. They also serve no purpose since all Explorers are supposed to have cats on them. Removing the cat does nothing positive, and is very irresponsible.

does electrical experts know what kind/type/size resistors these are?, by the way, i figured this is cheaper than buying a new rear o2 sensor, and worth a shot because if anything i'll know about resistors...again correct me if i'm wrong, but the only purpose for the rear o2 sensor is to tell the CEL to come on if the cats aren't working properly...it doesn't affect how the engine performs?

bump

I wouldn't get those. Summit has something that plugs in place of the o2 sensor(s). I'd get that over these resistors. Nowadays people think resistors can do anything for cars.

Back