Mini cooper, a wall, and an 18" RE MT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mini cooper, a wall, and an 18" RE MT

they have a place- this install is not their place

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

x2.

DSCF2058.jpg

DSCF2062.jpg

DSCF2065.jpg

took the box out to resin inside, glass around the rings for the 6.5s, and paint the sides/top black. reason for painting is becuase i have a sunroof (yes, in the back) and the 2 back windows is like 10" away from the box, and even with 5% tint, when the sun was really bright, you could see the birch a little. i have 16 cans of black paint from walmart laying around, so i figured why paint it, rather than spend more and throw another layer of 5 on the windows, the paint was only 97 cents each lol.

woulda backed out, but dads trailer was blocking the garage :(

DSCF2084.jpg

i kinda wanted to paint the whole thing, looks kinda cool black lol.

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2086.jpg

DSCF2088.jpg

DSCF2089.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

Geesh, what does that thing weigh? I cannot imagine it will make the cooper very happy. :scratch:

now now, there are easier ways to get hearing lost....chceaper too.. hehehehe
loking good, bud

wow, i totally forgot i posted this here.

i took this box out and im getting finished almost with my 2nd wall, i changed to TWO 18s and 6000w!

ill post all the pics soon

too many pics to post, so ill just post a few

DSCF2674.jpg

DSCF2667.jpg

that is a nice mini cooper is that the cooper s or what. Any how many watts are putting into the cooper

DSCF2680.jpg

DSCF2681.jpg

DSCF2682.jpg

DSCF2685.jpg

DSCF2686.jpg

DSCF2687.jpg

couldnt really avoid this, but it will be completely sealed and hidden. all will be good.

DSCF2688.jpg

DSCF2689.jpg

DSCF2690.jpg

not glued in yet, just wanted to see what it all looked like. not as many gaps as i thought. glassing it all soon and itll be perfect

DSCF2691.jpg

DSCF2692.jpg

DSCF2693.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

DSCF2695.jpg

Are you installing bullet proof glass too?

lol might have to

You'll have to post your readings when you get it all put together, that is some crazy stuff in a little car!!

make sure you take video on your first attempt so we can see you blow out your window seals :)

LMAO for sure, vids are a must

baffle = on for good.

braced it, and the port. the 2x4 really helped the bottom of the port.

DSCF2708.jpg

DSCF2709.jpg

DSCF2710.jpg

and the gaps that need to be sealed up with wood first, then glassed over.

DSCF2711.jpg

DSCF2712.jpg

and the pics you all have been waiting for

DSCF2713.jpg

DSCF2714.jpg

DSCF2715.jpg

Does that box even meet the CF specs for those large speakers? seems like it may be on the small side. just curious...

its a tad small, but still within range. its about 12 cubes net, after bracing/subs/port

kicker 1/0, and kicker 4awg wire FTW

the blue is getting swapped for matching black/gray. he gave me blue on accident.

DSCF2720.jpg

DSCF2721.jpg

went from these gaps on the sides

DSCF2724.jpg

to this

DSCF2722.jpg

DSCF2727.jpg

trim panel will cover all this. had to cut it like this to get it past the B pilliars, unfortunately

DSCF2725.jpg

sub is hella close to the top of the port.

DSCF2726.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that is the biggest box in the smallest car ive ever seen haha... that should be rad when its all done

Back