• Register Today It's free!

Mirrors

BigBlackMerk

Reaction score
City, State
Scranton, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
01' Mercury Mountaineer
hey guys i havent posted in awhile but im looking to get new mirrors for my mounty. i really like the square look of the new ranger mirrors. what mirrors will fit on my 01 mounty. will the newer explorer mirrors fit? like 06 and up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interested in this because i had the same thought...

Not the 3rd/4th gen ones for sure
DSCF0886.jpg
plug on second gen
Plug on 3rd/4th gen
DSCF0887.jpg
difference in size
DSCF0885.jpg

i'm more concerned about the molding on the base lining up on the door frame..

different connectors are easy to remedy.

See the difference in size and shape? different mounting points and plugs? Not sure it would be doable or worth it...

Resurrecting an old thread ....

I have been looking into putting some different mirrors on y '02 Sport. Search brings up some stuff but I haven't heard of any successes - please correct me if I am wrong. I do agree that the wiring is probably not that big a deal. My mirror is only power - no heat and no puddle... I am interested in those functions - and it is very doable, or so I have read - but am also interested in a larger mirror. Rangers appears to be fortunate in that their mirrors are very interchangeable over a number of year ranges.

I have found some references to separating some Ford mirrors at the joint between the two pieces and dealing with mounting plate issues. 1 post I saw - forget the source - indicated that in the normal extended position a upward hammer/mallet blow near the joint - don't know how hard - might seperate the two pieces cleanly. There also might be some sort of internal coupling that needs to be released.

I have never seen the internals of a 4th gen mirror but am interested in its size.

Has anyone pursued swapping mirrors - 4th gen or even other vehicle models - any farther ?

Back