Mismatched Puddlelamps on ST ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mismatched Puddlelamps on ST ?

Wonder if there will be an additional documentation that will come with the vehicle stating/showing FRAP activity(ies)?
There will be at Ford. Whether they will provide that documentation to or share it with customers is a different question. Best you can do is ask the dealer to verify and have them write it on the sales agreement/paperwork and sign it. If they balk, move on to a different vehicle/dealer.

I have a questions for my fellow ST owners. My puddlelamps in my mirrors seem to be mismatched on my ST. I thought both puddle lamps should light up with the red ST. However on mine, the passenger side is the red ST, the driver side is a bright white normal light, no logo. The light pod under the mirrors are actually different, see photos. I asked the dealer, he said that's the way it's supposed to be ???? Is this correct ? I may actually like the bright white light on the drivers side, it lights up the area much better..

View attachment 173840

View attachment 173841
Update - I brought the ST back to the dealer within 7 days as advised here by several of you on this thread. The dealer was actually really good, all the service writers, body shop people and the entire sales team came out to look it over, all saying they'd never seen anything like this happen from the factory. The service writer wrote it up and said they would call me when the part/s came in. About an hour later, the body shop manager called me and asked me to bring the car back so he could take photos. I brought the ST back to the body shop, he came out and took about 20 photos of the entire vehicle at all angles, including the vin plate, the build plate, the inside of the door along with photos of the mirrors top and bottom. He said Ford asked him to get the photos and said Ford was handling this as a factory defect, not necessarily as a warranty claim as several other posters stated here on this thread. He said something to the fact that since this was a factory defect, they have to verify, thus prove the vehicle hadn't been modified or damaged, thus causing the defect. It's a harmless issue, it will be all fixed next week, however after reading of the mysterious issues happening at the Chicago plant, I can't help but feel, WTF, whats next ? I've looked over the entire vehicle, my AC is cold and I tested every feature and everything works as it should, minus the puddlelamps. FYI - My ST was built on 7/18/19, it had 11 miles on it when I bought it, it was delivered to the dealer in less than 30 days after it was built which tells me it wasn't held up on delivery from the plant. Thank you to everyone who jumped in on this thread, the information given here was very helpful. Lastly, I really like this vehicle, I still have the grin on my face from my drive home tonight....

Update - I brought the ST back to the dealer within 7 days as advised here by several of you on this thread. The dealer was actually really good, all the service writers, body shop people and the entire sales team came out to look it over, all saying they'd never seen anything like this happen from the factory. The service writer wrote it up and said they would call me when the part/s came in. About an hour later, the body shop manager called me and asked me to bring the car back so he could take photos. I brought the ST back to the body shop, he came out and took about 20 photos of the entire vehicle at all angles, including the vin plate, the build plate, the inside of the door along with photos of the mirrors top and bottom. He said Ford asked him to get the photos and said Ford was handling this as a factory defect, not necessarily as a warranty claim as several other posters stated here on this thread. He said something to the fact that since this was a factory defect, they have to verify, thus prove the vehicle hadn't been modified or damaged, thus causing the defect. It's a harmless issue, it will be all fixed next week, however after reading of the mysterious issues happening at the Chicago plant, I can't help but feel, WTF, whats next ? I've looked over the entire vehicle, my AC is cold and I tested every feature and everything works as it should, minus the puddlelamps. FYI - My ST was built on 7/18/19, it had 11 miles on it when I bought it, it was delivered to the dealer in less than 30 days after it was built which tells me it wasn't held up on delivery from the plant. Thank you to everyone who jumped in on this thread, the information given here was very helpful. Lastly, I really like this vehicle, I still have the grin on my face from my drive home tonight....

This ST is just miles and miles a head of the previous generation, drives awesome and looks good.

Back