Misses/Stalls on hot restart | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Misses/Stalls on hot restart

So now that I got to drive it a bit, put about 25 mi on it today, it seems to be running slightly better, especially at idle. My idle was always slightly lumpy, and it seems to have smoothed out. On the highway it seems a bit smoother, it's hard to describe but its definitely better.

And to lofton, if yours is metal on top then it is probably not an OEM part. The ford ones are all plastic. I would go get an OEM one, the ones I saw at autozone were nowhere near the same quality of the Ford one. For around $7 or so it's worth it for the Ford one.

-Ted

I had a crank position sensor go bad that would give me similar symptoms. $12 part from Auotzone, easy remove and replace, and it runs like a champ.

So now that I got to drive it a bit, put about 25 mi on it today, it seems to be running slightly better, especially at idle. My idle was always slightly lumpy, and it seems to have smoothed out. On the highway it seems a bit smoother, it's hard to describe but its definitely better.

And to lofton, if yours is metal on top then it is probably not an OEM part. The ford ones are all plastic. I would go get an OEM one, the ones I saw at autozone were nowhere near the same quality of the Ford one. For around $7 or so it's worth it for the Ford one.

-Ted

The ford one is 7 dollars? I tested out another one and i dont think thats the right one so imma try a ford i guess, but yea the one i had is made of metal with rust all over it.

Yea the Ford one was like $7, and it's all plastic, at least for my truck it is, I'm not sure if they changed anything from 91-94. I got mine at Village Ford in Ridgewood, they had it in stock, they seem to be a decent place. IDK if that's in driving range for you, I see your location is listed as Jersey.

I thought about the crank sensor too, but right now it's running better than ever, so I'm just gonna leave it be and see what happens...

-Ted

Back