• Register Today It's free!

Missing Code Keypad Entry

shamski

Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Picked up my 2006 Limited used and no one seemed to know the keypad entry :(.
I had heard that there is a module that has the master code on it within the vehicle put position depends on the year. Want to make sure of the location before I start tearing anything apart.

Last I remember reading for the 2006 Limited I should find it in the column on the passanger side just behind the second row seat - read it on a forum somewhere ;). Have to take the covering off and it is in the bottom half of the column. Does that sound right?

If so, any pointers on getting to that code on the module?

Oh the other thing that came with the spare set of keys was a tag that had a bar code and a 4 digit number followed by an X. Any idea what they are for? I originally was hoping that they were the master code, but I don't think that is the case.

Thanks,
shamski

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have money or time? If you have money have the dealer read it and be done. If you have time search for the post where the author typed in the sequence to press the doorpad until you find the right code. Finding the code for our trucks is not as easy as it used to be in the earlier ones.

I went ahead and got the dealer to look it up. Cost me $43. If the dealer you bought it from is a Ford dealer then they should do it for free...

Wise Guy - I have money and time -- time won in this case to solve the issue.
Willied - not a Ford Dealer so no love there.
Thanks Robsbrd99 ... that did the trick.

You do need to be a bit carefull with that sequence list though -- what it doesn't account for is the Anti-Scan feature of the keypads that locks them up for a minute after 7 wrong codes. You want to enter 7 codes (1-7), then unlock to reset the keypad, reenter the 7th code and continue with 6 new codes (8-13). Why? Because the codes build off one another, so code 8 needs code 7 in keypad memory to build off of. This only applies if the unlock of the door clears the keypad memory and since I didn't know if it did I went this way to be safe.

Eventually got at least one of the codes so am good to do.

Thanks.

been going through the same ordeal. The keypad factory code is not written on any part of the 2006 explorer. People may say its on the SBJ module, or that its on the computer module on the rear/passenger seatbelt molding...trust me it is NOT. I have tried everything. The only thing you can do is payup for the diagnostic check through a ford authorized dealer, or try the trial and error code sequences that you can find on this forum. They both work but its not worth the time looking for the code written anywhere on the vehicle b/c it does not exist. Ford stop doing it all together b/c of safety and theft concerns.

been going through the same ordeal. The keypad factory code is not written on any part of the 2006 explorer. People may say its on the SBJ module, or that its on the computer module on the rear/passenger seatbelt molding...trust me it is NOT. I have tried everything. The only thing you can do is payup for the diagnostic check through a ford authorized dealer, or try the trial and error code sequences that you can find on this forum. They both work but its not worth the time looking for the code written anywhere on the vehicle b/c it does not exist. Ford stop doing it all together b/c of safety and theft concerns.

Not true, the code IS located on the SJB,

2007, mecury mountaineer, ford explorer, door keyless entry code is located on the fuse panel under driver side dashboard, it is called SJB smart junction box, it is a 5 digit code printed about 1 inch from the bottom of the fuse block, you can not see the number off hand because it faces the metal frame of the car. stick your cell phone between the car and the fuse panel and start taking pictures or video here is a picture.

sizeimage.php

I just bought a 2007 explorer "Ironman Edition" yesterday, and the small dealer I bought it from did not know the code or have the printed card with the manual. Like most of us I wanted to try and figure it out on my own. I was able to shin a flashlight at just the right angle, and look through the small space under the parking brake release lever at the fuse box (while whistling dixie and ****ing my head just so). Sure enough those five magic digits were there. I said it couldn't be that easy. So I shut the door, locked it, pushed in those very special numbers and the door unlocked. Thanks for the location.

Picked up my 2006 Limited used and no one seemed to know the keypad entry :(.
I had heard that there is a module that has the master code on it within the vehicle put position depends on the year. Want to make sure of the location before I start tearing anything apart.

Last I remember reading for the 2006 Limited I should find it in the column on the passanger side just behind the second row seat - read it on a forum somewhere ;). Have to take the covering off and it is in the bottom half of the column. Does that sound right?

If so, any pointers on getting to that code on the module?

Oh the other thing that came with the spare set of keys was a tag that had a bar code and a 4 digit number followed by an X. Any idea what they are for? I originally was hoping that they were the master code, but I don't think that is the case.

Thanks,
shamski

the 4 digit number with an x if it is original is the keycode to cut a new key if lost / stolen.

if you just purchased the vehicle from a dealer, go back and make them pull the code.

Back