Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the tow rig? How many miles does it have? Never heard of that. lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

00 chevy 454 about 140K I guess its pretty common on that motor! Just praying that it fixes it!

Fortunately, 454 blocks bring in the cash! :)

pfffft i just tossed a 454 in the trash the other day :D

yeah good (ie. running or rebuildable) 454's bring top dollar, I think mine is worth more out of truck than in....
but enough negativity if this doesn't fix it no moab for us :(

on a good note finally got my replacement outer shaft from Randy's after 3 months on back order!!!

Did you just get a stock shaft? I gave up looking for stock ones. I just bought 38's though so it looks like i better start again... I know, i know, to big... haha. Was a killer deal i couldnt pass up.

I've lost 2nd gear in my Dodge. I'm not taking my name out, becuase I'm doing what I can to get myself another tow rig. I have a feeling after driving through 11,000 ft of the mountains, i want that 2nd gear for braking. I will keep all posted. On a side note, the jeep is ready and running strong but not strong enough to drive to UT :cool:

Did you just get a stock shaft? I gave up looking for stock ones. I just bought 38's though so it looks like i better start again... I know, i know, to big... haha. Was a killer deal i couldnt pass up.

no I have been running the yukon chromo's for a few years broke one then they were on back order, boy 38's and stock shafts????? ooooh baby, you still welded??

well the bearings are in the play is gone now have to put the oil pan on, f. diff back in place and see what happens!! finger crossed!!!

RFR whats with these damn tow rigs??

RFR whats with these damn tow rigs??

I dunno! I knew it was starting to go and totally thought it was going to make it through the trip then I'd worry about it. Now 2nd gear is completely unusable. I really hope I can move it and get something new cause it'll be a huge upgrade for me. It'll make the haul out there 10 times more comfortable for me.

well it runs no leaks now for the test drive! fingers toes hair eyes anything else you can cross????

My tow rig has an issue now too :( The passenger power door lock won't unluck :D

Don't worry, it's not stopping me from coming.

My tow rig has an issue now too :( The passenger power door lock won't unluck :D

Don't worry, it's not stopping me from coming.

Well Kevin, you have experienced the two problems with that era of powerstrokes. Transmission and power door locks. And I know your new transmission isn't going to be backing down to any challenges anytime soon.

Yeah, it had two issues, the rear drivers side door wouldn't lock. I tried out the tinfoil wrapped arround the thermal resistor trick on that one and it worked like a champ. I just haven't gotten to the passenger door yet.

It only takes about an hour to do, and since I have already replaced the acuator on the drivers door before I knew about the tinfoil trick, I am pretty good at popping the latch mechanism out on the doors.

fixed it

well with your problems Kev I'm not sure if you should chance it lol

IT RUNS!!!! no more problems, trip on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well with your problems Kev I'm not sure if you should chance it lol

IT RUNS!!!! no more problems, trip on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I've won over the 'rents to keep my broken dodge at their place till I can get what I'm looking for. I'm going to look at 5 potential tow rigs tomorrow and will give 'em a test drive. My credit union said they'd give me the loan so... I'm feeling positive that I'll have a truck to haul out my jeep for the run! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back