Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would any Superstocker/Modified guys like to do Porcupine Rim, or Sevenmile Rim (possibly combine Porcupine with Fins-n-Things)? Just some ideas thrown out there for the non-big-dawgs.

I am good with running those trails!! You going to be in town Friday for Top of the World?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just put in my time off request. If I'm able to make it, I'll arrive sometime around Thursday and need to leave by late morning/early afternoon Sunday. I'm still pending my medical problem and finances though; won't know for sure until probably the day I need to leave if I can make it.

I will be leaving Saturday evening or early Sunday morning. Duty calls and I must go to Texas for a reunion with my wifes family. :salute:

Would any Superstocker/Modified guys like to do Porcupine Rim, or Sevenmile Rim (possibly combine Porcupine with Fins-n-Things)? Just some ideas thrown out there for the non-big-dawgs.

I've never done Sevenmile, but if you want to run Porcupine you need to start really early (8:00 at the trail head) since it is a long trail and it is very popular with the mountain bikers. If you start early you can run the trail with little to no bikes going in, but it will be a zoo on the way out.

Just put in my time off request. If I'm able to make it, I'll arrive sometime around Thursday and need to leave by late morning/early afternoon Sunday. I'm still pending my medical problem and finances though; won't know for sure until probably the day I need to leave if I can make it.

:bounce: Yeah!!! :bounce:
Call me and let me know whenever. I'll leave the light on for ya :p:

I am good with running those trails!! You going to be in town Friday for Top of the World?

I'm going to try! If I can manage to leave Thursday afternoon, then yes. I really want to run that trail.

Is this list still accurate?

Also, have any trails been decided on for this trip??
Rick I am not going to be able to get off work to go. I am hoping to make Ouray.

Okay, this trip is getting really close and I can't wait.

Are we going to set up reservations for dinner and if so, what night. We need to get an accurate count for this.

I'm working on dinner at the Branding Iron at 7pm Saturday. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Well then, I'll start the reservation list.

(edit: this would be a good place to mention to be sure to bring cash for your dinners)

DWD-1
Painter Ken-1
Rick - 2

put me down for 2

Tim

How much cash?? Put me down for 2. :salute:

Branding Iron at 7pm Saturday bring cash for your dinners

DWD-1
Painter Ken-1
Rick - 2
ProjectAviator - 2
Joey Jarhead - 2
JTX - 2
mrboyle - 1
goliath - 2
FAKRWEE - 2
FlyByCoe - 4
Dannyboy - 3
R.J. - 4 to 5
Paul - 2
strahead - 2 + 2 maybe's

Put me down for 1.

put me down for 2

I'm down for 2.

I just got through a checkout of the Pumpkin. I found that I had busted a main leaf spring at some point in time:eek: Thankfully the springs are "military wrapped" and there is a second spring eye that is holding everything together.

Unfortunately I'm not going to have the money to put into another spring pack before the run. I'll still bring the Pumpkin, but I'm only going to do TOTW on Friday and another easy trail on Saturday. If I limit the flex, it should be ok.

Other than that, everything looked good to go:exporange:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put me down for 4 at Branding Iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back