Moisture in Headlight, 91-94's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moisture in Headlight, 91-94's

cfo20

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, IN--IU almost made it! Maybe next year.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2wd Sport
Has anyone decided to take that huge pond in the middle of the road after it rained? Then later found out all this water seeped into your headlight assembly? I wish I had sealed beams now, but I found a fix. I removed the grill and the parking light and headlight assembly and dried out the inside with a rag and coathanger. Then I removed the rubber gasket and cleaned it. After a seal of permatex silicon sealant around the lens, put it all together and it is as good as new. I bought my permatex sealant from wal-mart for around $2.50 and used it for the headlight and to seal my sunroof...pretty economical.

i've been lucky so far. no water in the headlights. but my friend used tampons to get the water out. it worked really well.

my fix wasn't as good, but it works....

i broke a couple bulbs the first two weeks i owned my explorer. this was NOT good, so i decided to just drill two tiny holes in the bottom of the lens. it really works awesome. i made one hole a little higher than the other for a breather, but i don't know if it really helps any now. it's been like that for about 6 months, and never had to replace another bulb! i really would like to buy some new ones though, if anyone knows where i can get some cheap!!!????!!!

Try www.mrtaillight.com
I got that site from someone else on this forum. They have both the right and left side headlights for the 91-94's for around $50 each. That is the cheapest that I have seen them.

Back