• Register Today It's free!

Most interior Lights Don't Work

explorer23032

Reaction score
City, State
federal way
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2015 PIU
I have a 2015 PIU explorer and most of my interior lights don't work. Does anyone know how to get the front dome light, 3rd row seat lights, and cargo space top 2 lights working?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do those lights work if you use the dome light button on the lighting control module ?( button on left side of headlight switch) and just not when you open a door? If so this is due to dark car mode and will need to be changed either by a dealer, or by using the FORScan program.

Would the Dark Car feature not disable the from map lights? They work.

Peter

Did you check the fuses?

sounds like a bigger issue than dark mode. do they not work when you open the doors OR when you press the button by the headlight switch? do the round lights (front row and rear hatch) with the on / off / red light rocker switch work?

in mine, the dark mode was active and i had to pay the dealer to make the doors activate the factory dome lights and rear hatch light, but the overhead round on / off / red lights were working fine.

On my 14 PIU I have the front map lights, a round dome light above the front seats, a round dome light in the rear, and a cargo light in the driver rear. With dark car enabled no lights will turn on when the door is open. Using the headlight switch manually turns on the map and cargo light. With dark car disabled the map lights and cargo light turn on when the door is open. The two round lights are hot at all times and are only controlled by their individual switches. I removed them, ran a wire from the map lights for door activation, and added the explorer interior lights.

Dark car is also called courtesy light disable by Ford. It only affects courtesy lights on door open/close. All of your courtesy lights should still function manually whether dark car is activated or not. If the courtesy lights don't work at all, that is not a dark car feature issue. The white and red manual operated dome lights are not courtesy lights.

Back