Mountaineer grille and lights conversion complete | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mountaineer grille and lights conversion complete

thats gonna be awesome when painted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I looked, but I didn't see anything, because I think that I would have to remove parts to see the pegs. I would guess that if they are a little loose, then there should be some type of grommet there. All I was able to see was three mounting bolts and a yellow plastic snap.

Originally posted by Black Magic
Looks pretty good. But it sux that you loose the nice clean look of clear corners. :(
im wondering if it may be possible to do the "Hartman mod" on those like the stock explorer corners...

I don't think that it is possible. The amber plastic is molded into the clear plastic, not glued like the explorers.

Originally posted by james t
im wondering if it may be possible to do the "Hartman mod" on those like the stock explorer corners...

?? where can i find it

I can appreciate the work that went into it, but I'm not liking the look. May just be the pictures.

It will look a ton better with paint. It's a work in progress. I am just working on getting a work in progress. :D

i like not having the clears for now. i really like having proper and safe lighting and with yellow corners i can have proper amber bulbs and be safe, but with the clear corners i'd have to try and match my hid's with white ad i'm not sure how it would turn out.

all that said, bbx had clears made by a guy cutting them with a laser. Hartman's mod wouldn't work. All in all though you got to picture it with the blue paint, the clears are more important on white imo

The HID maching is why you use amber bulbs. But I still like the look of the clear corners.

DSC01975.jpg

DSC02083.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

You will never be able to match the HID's color, beleve me. I went though everybulb, LED out there and nothing looks better than the Amber Titanium bulbs.

yeah- thats why i wasn't even gonna try

i guess i feel like i have enough other stuff that clear corners are insignificant

I understand. But I bet even after you have it all done and painted. Someone will walk up and say "You still have stock corners!?!"

im bored.

white-front-ps.jpg

Me too, Drew. You would be even more of my idol if you did this one: :D

Attachments

• metoo.jpg
    metoo.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 269

so expo... wut about ur bumper? u gona do anything different to that? how about a saleen bumper?

lol, scroll back up and look at his bumper. thats about as different as you can get. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First we have clarkkent saying this about his Mounty:
Originally posted by clarkkent
I will one day, have one of the sickest explorers on this site......

Now expo5.0 is changing to a Mountaineer front end. He needs this sig...

Originally posted by expo5.0 I will one day, have one of the sickest mountaineers on this site......

I think we have some serious identify crises issues here lately!!! J/K

Back