• Register Today It's free!

mpg's after gear change

ramren16

Reaction score
City, State
greeley, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 explorer sport
i recently regeared my x about a month ago from 3.73-4.56 with 33's before the gears i was getting around 11-12 mpgs not its around 13 mpgs does this sound right i was hoping for a bigger increase in mpg for the increase i have seen right now it was not even close to being worth the $1400 for the regear, anything i may be missing i do all the normal stuff to try to remedy this but no luck i do know i have to rebuild my transfer case with the omega parts its making the winding noise

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hate to say it, but 13 mpg with 4.56, and 33" tires with the V6 is pretty good....right about where I think you should be.

With a V8, you would get even better. But only about about 2-3 mpg more around the city.

Ryan

what rpm does it rev at 60 mph?

not sure i will have to get back to you on that but i think is is like 2500. i will take a trip down the highway in the morning

33-inch tires and high MPGs - aren't those polar opposites from each other ? :)

Plus your environment plays a huge role on MPGs. If you live in the mountains of CO, then your MPGs are probably aching unless you start hypermiling.

33-inch tires and high MPGs - aren't those polar opposites from each other ? :)

Plus your environment plays a huge role on MPGs. If you live in the mountains of CO, then your MPGs are probably aching unless you start hypermiling.

i understand 33's arent the best for higher gas mileage but i would figure it would have improved by more and there are no mountains near me

Back