Mr. Clean no-spot cleaner thing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mr. Clean no-spot cleaner thing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have it, and it works, for the most part. You need to scrub REAL WELL to have no spots. I go over the whole thing twice. At the end you spray it down with a mist-type purified water, drys great.

works great

The only thing I have found is that it works great but makes the sponge really dirty.

Critical_Level2 said:
The only thing I have found is that it works great but makes the sponge really dirty.

I haven't tried this myself but I've heard that the reason the sponge gets so dirty is because it's actually your paint that is coming off. :eek:
So if you've got a black X and the sponge is black, well thats not dirt, thats your paint! :frustrate
I was all gung ho about getting this until I heard that review. :thumbdwn:

jimcom said:
I haven't tried this myself but I've heard that the reason the sponge gets so dirty is because it's actually your paint that is coming off. :eek:
So if you've got a black X and the sponge is black, well thats not dirt, thats your paint! :frustrate
I was all gung ho about getting this until I heard that review. :thumbdwn:

My ex is black, but it is not the paint. my pops has a silver volvo. The sponge gets just as dirty if not dirtier from washing his car. The crap in the sponge is just loose dirt and dust picked up off the surface. Do not let a dirty sponge scare you off. If I told you my mop gets dirty when I clean the floors, would that scare you from getting a mop. Unless your paint is falling off the car, this stuff will not take your paint off.

If your sponge gets black after washing a black vehicle, it would have had to taken off the clearcoat also. I highly doubt this is the case. It takes much more than a mild soap to remove a clearcoat.

My 1998 Explorer is Black and I have not had any problems whatsoever with my Mr Clean. I would highly recommend it!

AdamCKach said:
If your sponge gets black after washing a black vehicle, it would have had to taken off the clearcoat also. I highly doubt this is the case. It takes much more than a mild soap to remove a clearcoat.

Thats what had me worried was that maybe the mild soap wasn't so mild, ya know. If a soap can take off clearcoat than it's got to be pretty strong stuff. Glad you all have had good luck with it. Like I said I was all for it at first but I'm still leary bout it though.

Doesn't work for me. I have really crappy water though. If I don't wipe dry my dishes I get these hard water spots all over everything. I also get these when I wash my car. I tired it & it still had water spots all over it.

I love mine :thumbsup:
Never did like drying a car with our hard water and 100* summer temps. Used to have to use distilled water if I wanted it spot free. Now I just rinse it off and leave it be.

I have never had any spots and it always dries almost instantly. I make sure I only do a small section at a time, wet down, soap and wash, rinse then spot free rinse.

Back