My 1997 Explorer has no heat. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1997 Explorer has no heat.

pa2000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
My 1997 explorer is only blowing cold air when i turn on the heat.. I do not have a diagram on the fuse door panel to see which fuse is for heater although its probably for blower anyway, anyone know what might be the problem? blend door, fuse, thermostat ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HI,

It might be the thermostat,make sure that the fluid level is up and there are no air pockets in the lines.

If those two things are fine it might be the heater blower resistor.

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the A/C & heater section. Did you check the coolant level in the radiator? The resistor only controls the speed of the blower. Do you hear clicking noises coming from the blend door?

I would think it is the same issue my Dad had with his 97 and I had with MY 97, blend door. So, the blower does work? But, you can only get cold air? As long as your temp gauge is in the good range then I would say its the door. I paid $12 for mine from Napa, $29 for a Dremel style tool from Harbor Freight,$3 on 4 Rotzip bits, and $5 on Jb weld. I found a thread on here on how to remove and replace the blend door without tearing the whole dash apart from under the dash. My Dad paid a local mechanic $600 to do this same job. YEP. $12 for the part and $588 for labor. OUCH!!

Ty do you have the link.. im not even sure where the door is.

Back