5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap

I saw this truck at the 50th Anniversary Mustang show in Charlotte, NC really clean install and I had to do a double-take when I realized I recognized it. Well executed beautiful truck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish they would've offered this combo in these Explorers from the factory. The slushbox 6-speed is terrible.

Manual 6spd MT82 is officially installed, along with the new shifter mechanism. Before you ask me how much effort this was to get to this point, let me just say that it was bear to make it look and fit like OEM. But its in there, and most importantly.... I didn't lose the cup holders!

So what was your secret to move the shifter over (to the left)!!!???. I didn't even consider keeping my cup holders as I figured it wasn't gonna happen. Do you have a custom stick that is bent over to the left?

very nice install pic!!. Check out my blog here for my progress on throwing a 5-speed in my 4.0L...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3319132#post3319132

A couple new pics of the 2014 Roush wheels I put on the Coyote Adrenalin this week. They are 1/2" wider as well for a little more bite.

very cool project.

I'd like to throw in my $.02 here:

I had a chance to take a ride in this truck and it is a lot of fun. Anyone seriously considering it would not be disappointed. There was a tremendous amount of modification and its nicely done with great attention to detail. Pretty sure we can all agree its a much more practical alternative to a mustang with great performance and way more cool factor.

Shrader Performance did a similar swap for my 2010 Adrenalin and I couldn't be happier. My setup is using the factory 4.6L with a TVS2300 supercharger package at about 10 psi boost. It was fun even with the automatic, but after installation of the manual gearbox and dyno tuning, it made 466 rwhp and 428 rwtq. Yes, that's at the rear wheels!

Needless to say, highly recommended!

I'd like to throw in my $.02 here:

I had a chance to take a ride in this truck and it is a lot of fun. Anyone seriously considering it would not be disappointed. There was a tremendous amount of modification and its nicely done with great attention to detail. Pretty sure we can all agree its a much more practical alternative to a mustang with great performance and way more cool factor.

Shrader Performance did a similar swap for my 2010 Adrenalin and I couldn't be happier. My setup is using the factory 4.6L with a TVS2300 supercharger package at about 10 psi boost. It was fun even with the automatic, but after installation of the manual gearbox and dyno tuning, it made 466 rwhp and 428 rwtq. Yes, that's at the rear wheels!

Needless to say, highly recommended!

Don, what the heck! Post up some pics and info on your beast! Sounds cool! :D

Yes, the gauges are working great. Got all the lights out on the dash. All gauges work as they used to. :D

Truck is driving great, got some bugs worked out of the Ford Racing control pack harness. They evidently left out some wires and after some research, was able to run the wires and correct some stalling issues I had when the clutch went in. I've been driving it around quite a bit now and absolutely love it.

This is an amazing swap done right! Question(s) - How did you get your airbags to work? I believe they are on separate modules, did you have to rewire anything? And was it tricky to get the gauges to work, or where you able to use the factory instrument cluster with the new PCM?

Thanks for posting about your swap, amazing vehicle!

Back