my 92explorer vs. a sport trac vs. a F-150 supercrew? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 92explorer vs. a sport trac vs. a F-150 supercrew?

kurant045

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92XLT 4x4
I've had my 92 for about 8 years and I still love it, many modifications have helped me from getting bored of it. I thought that when the time came to get another car I would opt for a bigger truck (f-150 supercrew), but I believe that my transmission is going to go out soon(my third one). I might be forced to buy another car before I can afford the f-150. I've been thinking about the sport trac instead. I like the look and size of the sport trac but I don't know much about it. I know a lot of you have had both explorers or have witnessed the sport trac in action. I would like to hear your opinions on the sport trac and I don't mind if you mention some of its off-road capabilities.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont really know the offroad capabilities of the sport trac, though, i would assume that its congruent with the 2nd gen 4 doors.

anyways, just wanted to chime in that i love the sport tracs. i think its the perfect size truck. new 4 door X's are too big for me, personally, and escapes are too small. also, im not a fan of a lot of the trucks on the market right now, and i think the sport trac is a great looking truck, even stock. though, theres a lot of cool trucks coming out next year....but you said you might need one sooner.

Sport Trac is a Beast

I have had a sport trac since last Aug, and have been quite happy with it. I just went to do some serious off-roading this weekend, didnt get stuck, went through just about all terrain you can think of, through rivers, mud, rocks, and all.

I cant believe how much that truck can do..

Why not just buy used? There are LOTS of nice, clean low-milage F150s for a lot less than Sport Tracs.

Or even a used sport trac... V8 boatbuilder is absolutely right, heck my dad bought a used 99 V8 limited X for $6000 with only about 79K miles at an auction! Maybe see if there are any car auctions in the area, that's where I bought my X, and my brother his. If not then I would still go used. Hope it turns out well!!
Greg

Back