My 99' Mountaineer 5.0! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 99' Mountaineer 5.0!

My Supercharged 99' Mountaineer 5.0!

Hey guys! As you can see this is my Mountaineer, I'm working on upgrading the engine a LOT over the summer, but here's a few pictures of it as it stands now! All the detailed specs are at http://www.cardomain.com/id/gta357 or my vBGarage! Here's most of it:

ENGINE\DRIVETRAIN:
Gibson Swept Side Exhaust
Superchip Model 1715 Tuner Highest Performance NO-TOW
MAC chrome intake and conical filter
Baumann Stage 3 Shift Kit
Explorer Express Eaton Roots Style Supercharger!!
4.10 Gears
90MM Lightning Mass Airflow Sensor
Torque Monster Headers

HANDLING: (X-Spec lowered suspension package)
Suspension drop
Edelbrock Shocks
New Solid rear sway bar
Polyeurothane bushings
Camber adjusters
Torsion bar adjustments
Pirelli Scorpion Zero's sitting on Cobra R 17's

INTERIOR:
Custom Sunroof

BRAKES:
Powerslot Slotted front rotors
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Brake Pads all around

STEREO:
MACH Speaker System, 8 inch integrated subwoofer, 350 watt integrated speaker amp, six CD changer mounted in the arm rest
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X969 head unit
Kenwood Excelon X810D 1600 Watt Mono Amplifier
Two Kicker CVR 12 Inch Subwoofers, to replace my Two Audiobahn 12's
Custom Dual Subwoofer Enclosure
SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Other:
Bel 985 Radar Detector
Garmin Streetpilot III color talking GPS
Silvania Silverstar headlights
Beefier headlight wiring harness
Soon to be Viper 971XV Alarm/Pager/Remote Start Unit

584899_1_full.jpg

584899_14_full.jpg

584899_7_full.jpg

584899_13_full.jpg

584899_19_full.jpg

584899_5_full.jpg

584899_39_full.jpg

584899_41_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I have a web site now!

http://www.boostedmountaineer.com

I haven't had time to make it really good but it's getting there as I get free minutes to work on it... I'll be overhauling it at some point.

But the gallery works so be sure to add some pictures of your cars! Also if you want to post your mods in the Topics Section under cars, click "Submit Article" and enter in your info and link to some pictures, click send and I'll approve it! Lemme know what you think, thanks guys :cool:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I joined :)

Welcome to the site :D

Feel free to make a section for your car in the Topics area of my page, it'd be nice to get a good group of cars in there :)

The Berry Car Show was yesterday and there was a pretty awesome turnout! I put over 70 pictures up on my site, click here and check out some of the stuff that was there! Boosted Mountaineer Gallery

normal_Image%28224%29.jpg

normal_Image%28273%29.jpg

normal_show_011.jpg

Lots more on the site.

Several of the Explorer's there are members on this and other X sites

Figured I might as well give an update on the truck!

Currently running Torque Monster Headers, new MSD coil packs (full mod list here),

In the shop right now getting the following done:

9lb blower pulley
90MM Lightning MAF
Custom Intake
New Injectors
AIS Sensor Relocation (under the blower)
Snow Performance Boost Cooler Stage 2 MAF
Better Fuel Pump or Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
Dyno Tune running SCT Excalibur Superchip

When I get that back it'll go right into another shop to get some as of yet undisclosed audio/video upgrades, then it will go to another shop for hopefully a cam/internals upgrade.

Then it'll be rockin'! :D

Drumroll please!!!!

This is in progress pictures with my camera phone in a dark area. That said, notice how factory the fiberglass work looks in making the NICE and the head unit fit, and notice how show quality the glovebox is :D I should be getting it some time next week :wink:

jeff-jahn-6.jpg

jeff-jahn-5.jpg

jeff-jahn-4.jpg

jeff-jahn-3.jpg

jeff-jahn-2.jpg

jeff-jahn-1.jpg

I didn't get pictures of the tweeters but they are mounted in the door, the camera and DVD player are the only things left to go back on :D

More midweek when I get the truck back again!

Looks damn good. Can't wait to see it in person. If I had 3 grand to blow, I'd do the same setup :D

hey jeff looks awesome!! i really like the screen. never saw this thread before, the truck has got some awesome new stuff going on!

Looks good. Although changing the HVAC is going to be a pain.

Some pictures of it done and in my hands

Sorry I had to watermark and copyright it, I have had a lot of people take my pictures and claim them as their truck on cardomain and such, that's why.

More coming :D

jeff looks sweet! dont really like the amp rack though, just cause everyone and their mom has their amps like that in an explorer. thats just me though. im sure it sounds sweet, i like the bezel w/the screen and stuff!

Looks great Jeff! Great install!

Fish Man said:
jeff looks sweet! dont really like the amp rack though, just cause everyone and their mom has their amps like that in an explorer. thats just me though. im sure it sounds sweet, i like the bezel w/the screen and stuff!

Well there really was no place for the second amp. Originally the Excelon amp was under the right hand passenger seat and SIRIUS control under the left, but with another amp for the speakers it had to be done! I have my sub box set up in front of it, you can't even tell the amps are there ;)

Thanks for the props all!

The entire setup is awesome! Great job.

Fish Man said:

You could mount the amps behind the side pannels in the back. That is where I have my two amps, HU Brain, Caps and Misc audio/video control stuff.

I've got that little sub in the right hand side and the left hand side has too much electronics in it already, how did you fit that much back there? were your amps as big as these? Also might be a difference in the models we've got?

yea i know what you mean, those amps are pretty big. theres room infront of where the sub is at on the right but its a pain to get to. the left has some room too but dunno how much. oh well its tight anyway...whens it going back in the shop? ;)

not until Christmas break, then it gets a cam, new internals, a 4 link custom suspension, a BIG full custom intake straight into the blower, looking at something in the 3 and a half inch range, possibly running through the firewall as a cold air intake. Then it gets the methanol enabled and a retune, then it's done for a while (maybe) ;)

haha awesome

Back