My 99' Mountaineer 5.0! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 99' Mountaineer 5.0!

My Supercharged 99' Mountaineer 5.0!

Hey guys! As you can see this is my Mountaineer, I'm working on upgrading the engine a LOT over the summer, but here's a few pictures of it as it stands now! All the detailed specs are at http://www.cardomain.com/id/gta357 or my vBGarage! Here's most of it:

ENGINE\DRIVETRAIN:
Gibson Swept Side Exhaust
Superchip Model 1715 Tuner Highest Performance NO-TOW
MAC chrome intake and conical filter
Baumann Stage 3 Shift Kit
Explorer Express Eaton Roots Style Supercharger!!
4.10 Gears
90MM Lightning Mass Airflow Sensor
Torque Monster Headers

HANDLING: (X-Spec lowered suspension package)
Suspension drop
Edelbrock Shocks
New Solid rear sway bar
Polyeurothane bushings
Camber adjusters
Torsion bar adjustments
Pirelli Scorpion Zero's sitting on Cobra R 17's

INTERIOR:
Custom Sunroof

BRAKES:
Powerslot Slotted front rotors
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Brake Pads all around

STEREO:
MACH Speaker System, 8 inch integrated subwoofer, 350 watt integrated speaker amp, six CD changer mounted in the arm rest
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X969 head unit
Kenwood Excelon X810D 1600 Watt Mono Amplifier
Two Kicker CVR 12 Inch Subwoofers, to replace my Two Audiobahn 12's
Custom Dual Subwoofer Enclosure
SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Other:
Bel 985 Radar Detector
Garmin Streetpilot III color talking GPS
Silvania Silverstar headlights
Beefier headlight wiring harness
Soon to be Viper 971XV Alarm/Pager/Remote Start Unit

584899_1_full.jpg

584899_14_full.jpg

584899_7_full.jpg

584899_13_full.jpg

584899_19_full.jpg

584899_5_full.jpg

584899_39_full.jpg

584899_41_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I installed it this weekend it is perfect. Little rumble, install would have been easier if I did have to grind and cut the old bolts off. Seems like more power but definately sounds like more. Nice thing is when you accel slow it sounds great. The shift points are definately different must be the better hp and torque. Thanks man good choice.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Haxaw said:
I installed it this weekend it is perfect. Little rumble, install would have been easier if I did have to grind and cut the old bolts off. Seems like more power but definately sounds like more. Nice thing is when you accel slow it sounds great. The shift points are definately different must be the better hp and torque. Thanks man good choice.

Awesome! glad to hear that it worked for you, sorry about the PIA install. Doesn't it sound awesome? good throaty rumble but not obnoxious:D Glad I could help! lemme know if I can give you a hand with anything else :chug:

Went w/ the gibson it is excellent and highway mpg went up. Thanks its perfect, a little tough getting the old bolts off but good to go.

Sorry I repeated my self but good deal. My buddies at work counld not believe it.

Well as of last Thursday I am SUPERCHARGED!!

The install was a *******, took four days and two coolant leaks with a lot of people working on it, but it's done! :D

Dead Link Removed

Sorry the pic isn't great, I'm going to get a few better ones today, here's one of the truck as it stands now since I haven't updated pics in a while

Dead Link Removed

I am going to try to get it dyno-tuned next week, hopefully all will go well!

Very nice, glad to see you got it done. Sorry I couldn't have drove to help you, but with work and all it would have been hard. I'll def. have to come see it now.

Sounds good! :D

Hey did you get your truck tuned after you supercharged it? The guy at Mustang Performance seemed to think it was a must, and I've gotten a check engine light about once a day (code P0401) that I clear with my tuner. They recommended I go to Team Ford over by the Big Chicken and get them to dyno-tune it, any advice on getting this done? think I should put some more on there (fuel pump, injectors, 8 lb pulley) first?

Nah, I didnt get it tuned. You can as a safety precaution, but I was told with my centrifrugal I would be fine with the boost. Just get a chip if you don't, I just got one myself. I had a check engine light for a week then it dissapeared. I did the 255 Walbro pump a few weeks after I did mine, made an improvement. As for injectors, I plan on going with 42 lbs. with the cam swap and MAS I'm getting. You should be fine with the injects. now. But if you up the boost I'd consider 24 or 30 lbs.

Well I got some new 4.10 gears a week and a half back, I still have a little breaking in left on them so I can't drive them too hard yet, but they are amazing! Much better than the 3.73's, though they are a little louder than I'd like, I think I'm going to have to head back to 4WheelParts and have them take a look at it again. Also I get a "P1729 - 4x4 Low Switch Error", does anyone know what this could mean? I don't have 4WD so I don't see why this is an issue, I read it off with my tuner and it didn't come up until I got the gears installed.

Oh yeah I also promised better pictures of the blower so here they are:
DSC00657.JPG

DSC00661.JPG

DSC00702.JPG

DSC00789(Medium).JPG

and just one of the truck
DSC00823(Medium).JPG

very, very, very, very nice lookin! Think about addin clear corners? I've seen them on ebay.

thanks! yeah I've been thinking about it, it's on my neverending list of things to do, about how much were they?

GTA357 said:
thanks! yeah I've been thinking about it, it's on my neverending list of things to do, about how much were they?

Check the group buy forum. Diamond cut clear corners (to match your headlights) are the way to go and the monster of all group buys is on now. They need 10 more sold to hit a magic 70. There is one eBay seller and they're going for $58.50/shipped right now. You should be able to get them for less on the group buy.

btw, that's one sweet looking Mounty. :thumbsup:

Nice Jeff, can't wait to see it April.

Saw you got a 90 MM MAF. Put it in yet? Also saw you vids too. What kinda numbers did you put down at the wheels?

Awsome truck! Hope mine will be as nice as yours some day!

celly said:
Check the group buy forum. Diamond cut clear corners (to match your headlights) are the way to go and the monster of all group buys is on now. They need 10 more sold to hit a magic 70. There is one eBay seller and they're going for $58.50/shipped right now. You should be able to get them for less on the group buy.

btw, that's one sweet looking Mounty. :thumbsup:

Do they have ones for a Mountaineer, though?? I thought they were Explorer-only.

Chopin:
I'm going to find a way to fit it on my intake tube today (hopefully), until I can get a custom intake built for me. I'll throw up the dyno chart as soon as I make it back home again

IAmTodd:
Thanks man!

Jeez man nice setup. I especially like the Kenwood setup, I have the 979 HU.

Try not to run over me as I drive through Roswell to get home every night :)

If you get a chance and need some audio work, Cartunes on Roswell rd are some good friends of mine, Jim, Jeff Richard or Dak will help you out.

Thanks! yeah that head unit is awesome isn't it?

And no worries on the Roswell thing, I go to Berry College so I'm usually in Rome anyway :D

Thanks for the advice on the shop, I usually get work done at Sound Sensations, I've spent so much money with them I get really good deals on everything I buy, but I'll send the name along to my friends!

Nice truck by the way! I like the bar/lights a lot, and red is awesome.

I've dealt with Sound Sensations on occaision. Usually when they need an antenna or something for a cellular car kit. I'm the local Cingular tech at Atlanta cellular Services. Look to the right in East lake shopping center you'll see my truck.
Ask them if they know Neal at ACS and they may remember me. Good guys.
There's another guy on here from Marietta that goes to Berry, fishman. You guy's may know each other.
I am just getting round to my engine, nothing major like a blower planned but an intake MAF, TB etc...is in the works.

Yep I know fishman, good guy. Awesome on the Cingular thing, that's what I've got, I just picked up the Nokia 7610 megapixel phone for Christmas, it's awesome. Only complaint I have is it randomly turns off sometimes, regardless of battery life, no idea why.

I have a warehouse right off of Barrett Parkway. If you ever need a place to work or need a hand on anything lemme know, I can't get enough of working on cars.

Back