My 99' Mountaineer 5.0! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 99' Mountaineer 5.0!

My Supercharged 99' Mountaineer 5.0!

Hey guys! As you can see this is my Mountaineer, I'm working on upgrading the engine a LOT over the summer, but here's a few pictures of it as it stands now! All the detailed specs are at http://www.cardomain.com/id/gta357 or my vBGarage! Here's most of it:

ENGINE\DRIVETRAIN:
Gibson Swept Side Exhaust
Superchip Model 1715 Tuner Highest Performance NO-TOW
MAC chrome intake and conical filter
Baumann Stage 3 Shift Kit
Explorer Express Eaton Roots Style Supercharger!!
4.10 Gears
90MM Lightning Mass Airflow Sensor
Torque Monster Headers

HANDLING: (X-Spec lowered suspension package)
Suspension drop
Edelbrock Shocks
New Solid rear sway bar
Polyeurothane bushings
Camber adjusters
Torsion bar adjustments
Pirelli Scorpion Zero's sitting on Cobra R 17's

INTERIOR:
Custom Sunroof

BRAKES:
Powerslot Slotted front rotors
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Brake Pads all around

STEREO:
MACH Speaker System, 8 inch integrated subwoofer, 350 watt integrated speaker amp, six CD changer mounted in the arm rest
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X969 head unit
Kenwood Excelon X810D 1600 Watt Mono Amplifier
Two Kicker CVR 12 Inch Subwoofers, to replace my Two Audiobahn 12's
Custom Dual Subwoofer Enclosure
SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Other:
Bel 985 Radar Detector
Garmin Streetpilot III color talking GPS
Silvania Silverstar headlights
Beefier headlight wiring harness
Soon to be Viper 971XV Alarm/Pager/Remote Start Unit

584899_1_full.jpg

584899_14_full.jpg

584899_7_full.jpg

584899_13_full.jpg

584899_19_full.jpg

584899_5_full.jpg

584899_39_full.jpg

584899_41_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh boy we got TWINS! :) :)

12558truck_front1.jpg

seriously! I was looking at your car just the other day, I really like what you've done with it, keep it up! Hey I was in VA two weeks ago, over in Warrenton on business, how do you like it there? can't be NEARLY as hot as it is down in GA!:)

Va can be hot too! Warrington is just right up the road from here. You probibly passed my house on the way up (I live right off I-95). I love it up here because there is an 1/8 within 20 mins of my house, and a 1/4 about 35 mins away. Only bad thing is traffic. I love the mounty man! Whats first of your next plans? Im doing an E-cam, 1.6 rockers and valve springs within a few weeks.

Yeah I bet I did pass you! Man I wish there was one near my house, it's all developed and they wouldn't allow anything like that near me (that I know of), but I've been looking! thanks on the car! My immediate plans are a TRANS-GO shift kit, I can't quite decide what to set it at yet though, everyone keeps telling me street setting, but I like the thought of chirping the tires in second! At some point by the end of the summer I'd like a supercharger, I was thinking the Eaton one Explorer Express sells, any recommendations? then I was thinking maybe I'd get a new cam, roller lifters, roller rockers 1.60:1, new pushrods, valve springs + retainers, timing chain and water pump, torque converter, maybe a new fuel pump and ignition, and a reburn of my Superchip tuner. I'm not sure on anything yet, I've just been researching and from what I've seen so far that's what I thought would do the trick! It'd be a gradual upgrade on all that stuff, whenever I can justify the money, but I'd like to push 400-450 horses at the rear wheels if I can. I've got a warehouse here that I do all my work on so I'd install everything here that I could, I'm gonna leave the shift kit to someone else though, I've never messed with a transmission. your plans sound good dude, lemme know how it all goes!:)

Thanks dude! I really like yours a lot, that paint is awesome! I can tell you put a lot into the details of your car and it just makes it even cooler!:)

Nice mounty, loving it :) Welcome to EF! (and sXc) ;)

very nice....WERE did u find them rims.... :D ...i like

Hey thanks!:) I don't remember the name of the place I got them from, I was at the local stereo shop (Sound Sensations for the GA people) and this guy came in and asked me something (I have no idea about what anymore) turns out he had an explorer, so I told him about the X-Spec suspension and told him I wanted some new wheels and he gave me a number to call of a guy who owned a shop nearby, and that's how I picked them up! I like your car, I saw the pictures of you offroading with it on cardomain, you put it through it's paces out there! keep it up dude!

Thanks for the warm welcome eXplorerchic! nice car by the way!;)

I dig it man!! Very nice truck. Very clean lines and styling!
Are you planning on doing some before & after 1/4 mile times and/or dyno's?
I'd be very interested in seeing those numbers!!
Keep up the good work man!

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!!

Ru Dawg said:
Are you planning on doing some before & after 1/4 mile times and/or dyno's?
I'd be very interested in seeing those numbers!!

Hey Ru Dawg! Thanks for the compliments, I am definately going to do before and after, I have been looking all around for a place to dyno my car, I'da thought up near my college there should be something but all they have is an engine dyno (take the engine OUT of the car to test it) and that's ummmm, crazy.:nono: But yeah when I decide to upgrade I'm definately gonna do a before/after on it! Shouldn't be too long, I've almost made enough that I'd be comfortable supercharging it at least in the next month or so:D Thanks for the forum welcome!

Hey thanks! holy crap your web site is awesome! Nice car!! I like where you put the SIRIUS reciever, mine was not nearly as fancy, I have the same Kenwood reciever under the driver's side rear seat, and my Kenwood Amp under the passenger side rear seat. It works well unless I want to put down the back seats, my amp's too big, doh!:rolleyes: oh well live and learn I guess! I nearly got the same head unit as you, but Sound Sensations (where I bought my head unit from) gave me my KDC-X969 Kenwood head unit at cost as a graduation present, can't beat that!!:D

By the way, what did you use to paint your calipers? they look excellent:thumbsup:

The Calipers are painted with 2400 Degree High Temp paint for Engine blocks. It works very well. And the color does not fade like other types I have used. Thanks for the compliments on the site and my tuck.

GTA357,
I need a new exhaust I looked at the gibson and also the mac, that exhaust seems like it would be too loud. How long too install, any cutting welding, was it one piece, and how do you like the sound/performance? Thanks, I have been thinking about this for a long time.

Haxaw said:
GTA357,
I need a new exhaust I looked at the gibson and also the mac, that exhaust seems like it would be too loud. How long too install, any cutting welding, was it one piece, and how do you like the sound/performance? Thanks, I have been thinking about this for a long time.

I love this Gibson exhaust. Unfortunately at the time I bought it no one who had any tools was free and I didn't have our drive in warehouse yet, so I got a local shop to install it. It took them about an hour, no big deal. They welded it on, but I think that's just because that's what they are used to doing. I know it's supposed to be a fully bolt on system. They did not have to cut anything, and it came in a few pieces, but all connect together without tools as far as I remember. I LOVE the sound and the performance. It's not too loud, and it gave me a good power increase. If you install an intake it gives it a louder throaty rumble, but just as it stands with stock restrictive intake it is pretty quiet. At some point I'd like to get a couple sound clips of it so people can have a reference, I just haven't had the time yet. I would highly recommend this intake, it looks very clean as well and looks like it belongs with the car. I actually wanted the intake in large part because I wanted the car to be a little louder, so it's definately not too loud as it comes. Let me know if I can help any more.:D

Thanks I apreciate it. I have the kkm intake, I need to replace the old exhaust and might as well get some bang for the buck. Did you see the 3" MAC catback in explorer express. That would be deafening

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haxaw said:
Thanks I apreciate it. I have the kkm intake, I need to replace the old exhaust and might as well get some bang for the buck. Did you see the 3" MAC catback in explorer express. That would be deafening

Yeah I saw that, I heard the MAC catback has some bad drone to it. The best thing about that Gibson is it's loud outside and quiet inside. I can be going any speed and I never notice any annoying levels of exhaust drone, I don't quite know how they managed it but they did. I'd still go with the Gibson, even with an intake, it just makes it sound like a V8 instead of your grandma's minivan;)

Back