• Register Today It's free!

My current heating issue

SploderXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLS
I bought my '97 EB sploder in Jan '09. It has automatic climate control. When I got it, the heater fan only worked on wide open. It wasnt a big deal because it wasnt my daily driver. I have sold my car and now drive it every day. I learned reading this forum that the blower motor fan controller was bad. So I replaced it and everything worked perfect... for 3 days. The fan speeds are still working correctly, but now it only blows hot air no matter what temp its set at, even if the A/C is on. I am not hearing any clicking that people say they hear when the blend door actuator goes bad. I also ran the ETC test and it didnt show any codes at all. Where do i go from here?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ended up being a blend door

sorry Sploder, but sometimes there are so many posts that a few get past everybody, ,

glad you got it figured out and fixed,,

Same problem but it isnt the actuator or blend door

I have a 2000 5.0 limited with the automatic temp control. The heater only blows hot air. I replaced the blend door actuator and the blend door works smoothly. When I changed the actuator, I tested them both when they were out. I noticed that when changing the temperature on the heater control that the actuator didn't move with the old or new actuator. I replaced it anyway knowing that this probably wasn't my problem but it was a pain to get out and back in so I put the new part in anyway. I read one forum that talked about the GEM unit as a possible fix but didn't see any other forums that addressed anything other than the blend door or blend door actuator. Everything else works so I am thinking that the GEM is not the problem. Also, everything else heat/AC related works as well such as changing from panel to floor, fan hi to low, etc. I don't really want to just throw parts at it. I have to assume that the new part is good and when it didn't work I knew it was probably something up the line before it so here I am again. Please help. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Back