My EX is in the hospital :( | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My EX is in the hospital :(

I’ll pass on the Sex Panther. I can do better than 60% all by myself.

I’m glad the lame shops formula of “start the work before having approval, then get bit in the ass by a failed goal post moving” didn’t work.

I'm glad the new Explorer obtained is what you wanted, that's the bottom line.

I don't know what the original truck parts would cost, but I'd bet the roof was not structurally damaged, and I would be fine with fixing it. The picture looks like the old roof is there, the bondo is not in a line along where the seam would be, it's just spotty like from fixing small dented areas. I would want the hood replaced, and it looked like the number of impacts was minimal, which greatly reduces the damage, and costs. I could see that taking a week of labor to repair damages, and prep it for paint. So I imagine a fair week of labor, plus a full paint job. The estimate was 38 hours, I'd guess that was just pre-paint labor. I can see that costing way way under $10k, and that's not skimping on used parts or poor labor, or poor materials.

Enjoy the new truck, I hope it never fails you.

I'm glad the new Explorer obtained is what you wanted, that's the bottom line.

I don't know what the original truck parts would cost, but I'd bet the roof was not structurally damaged, and I would be fine with fixing it. The picture looks like the old roof is there, the bondo is not in a line along where the seam would be, it's just spotty like from fixing small dented areas. I would want the hood replaced, and it looked like the number of impacts was minimal, which greatly reduces the damage, and costs. I could see that taking a week of labor to repair damages, and prep it for paint. So I imagine a fair week of labor, plus a full paint job. The estimate was 38 hours, I'd guess that was just pre-paint labor. I can see that costing way way under $10k, and that's not skimping on used parts or poor labor, or poor materials.

Enjoy the new truck, I hope it never fails you.
I’m certain it’s more than 10k. A typical front clip job on a car can easily cost over 5k, and that’s with zero labor intensive body work. (Hood, grill, lights, bumper cover, header/core support and paint)

Back