My Explorer at work.

Explorer_PL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8
So besides doing 80-100 miles a day in a commute, on the weekends my Expy does some work - no free food here :)
These are pictures from last fall where I went around the collected all the broken trees and firewood after the Halloween snow storm here (snow was gone in a week or 2). Take a look at the custome front hitch with the plow mount. I bought the Curtis 31545 mount and adapted it to hold also the plow mounts, before I had just plow brackets. At the same time I bought Blazer S10 tow hooks for $9 on ebay, and attached them to the new assembly. Cut out the holes in the air dam for a factory look (looks OK, not perfect).
DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0417.jpg

DSCF0405.jpg

DSCF0401.jpg

This one is from few years ago, no real snow this year on the east coast

Expl_plow.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how is your ex handling that plow? and how much did that setup cost you? your truck looks nice and clean. 4.0 or 4.6?

It's a v8 with tow package. I knew I would tow and plow so I looked for the full combo. The plow is pretty light, just 250 lbs, but full power, left, right, up, down and float mode. I got it off ebay for 1,100 or 1,400 - can't remember anymore. Does really good job for it's size, it's not commercial type and I know the limits of it. But for my driveway, my neighbours and friends it's enough.

I love the color of that Explorer. Very nice rig and glad to see it gets used like it should! :D

how are the front tow hooks mounted? did you cut the holes for them?

I bolted them to the front hitch assembly with some iron brackets and cut out holes in the bumper valance.

Back