My Explorer didnt like being Jumped 25 feet! Truck's TOTALED | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer didnt like being Jumped 25 feet! Truck's TOTALED

Well my Exploder is totaled, the other day while coming home from work on a back country road, doing 60-65 mph, I had an unmarked mail car pull out in front of me without warning, about 40 feet in front of me, not enough time to stop. There was traffic in the other lane, so couldnt go there, didnt want to hit the mailman (have had bad luck with people vs government lawsuits before) so I opted for the ditch, so I went down in the ditch, sideswiped a huge oak tree (ripped the drivers side running board off) and launched the truck in the air, and jumped it about 25 feet before landing safely in a field. No bags deployed, and I stayed right in my seat, not a scratch on me. I was wearing a seatbelt. Well the suspension was totally trashed, incuding 2 wheels and tires, and the frame was twisted a little bit, so the insuance totaled it, and took it away. It was a sad day, but I have been trying to sell it a little bit so it wasnt too bad. Well Im now selling all my exploder stuff, so if you know of something I have and want it, let me know, otherwise look for a thread about it in the future. I am looking at 97-98 Lincoln Mark VIII LSCs for a replacement, with 290 HP from the factory and RWD how can you go wrong. Drive safe folks...

-Ryan

Attachments

• DSC01765.JPG
    DSC01765.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 802
  • DSC01764.JPG
    DSC01764.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 809
  • DSC01766.JPG
    DSC01766.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 785

Sorry about the x...they seem to be dropping like flies lately

Ryan, I've had two Mark VII LSC SE's with the light beige interior. Looking for my current one I saw many red ones with black interiors.
The last time I did look at Mark VIII's I did see at least one red one with black interior.

Have you noticed the similarity that the engines in the Mark VIII's have with the new Cobras? I'm wishing for the Cobra engine, with an Aviator PCM and transmission. Good luck,
DonW

Back