My Explorer Problems | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer Problems

Yesterday, the service manager called and said he'd call back later and have a loaner available. Also, someone from Ford called and said the same thing. When I didn't hear anything by 4:30, I called the dealer and the service manager wasn't there and the service rep did not have a clue what I was talking about. He told me to bring in the car and then rented me a car from Enterprise. Bare bones 2010 Escape, a far cry from my wonderful Explorer Limited! So, I probably won't hear anything till Monday or later, so I'll just sit tight and see what happens.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today is Thursday, my explorer has been at the dealer since last Thursday. I received a call from the service manager yesterday telling me that they were going to install sync version 2.11. Not that they figured that out, but I had told them a few days ago that when I went on the my sync site, in speaking to a rep, he looked up my vehicle and it had 2.8 on it, and recommended the update. Why couldn't the dealership figure that out? The only reason they're updating it is because I mentioned it. They said they'd call me tomorrow with an update. Having owned the explorer for about 6 weeks, it's been at the dealer on 3 trips so far for over 14 days. And no one can figure out why I get those messages. Wonder when they'll declare this a lemon and replace my explorer? Time will tell.

Believe me THEY will not declare it a lemon, that is soley up to you to determine when enough is enough and your state law for lemons. It is best to find a lawyer and pursue the action if it continues to persist.

LOOK UP YOUR STATE LAW FIRST before you proceed. Then get an opine from a lawyer whether or not there is sufficient evidence to support a lemon.

KEEP EVERY SERVICE RECEIPT. I hope it all works out for you, I'm still loving mine and with this vehicle still being so new it is up to you to be PROACTIVE with your Service Manager to get the services you need. I would never leave the vehicle for that long. Until 1. they get the parts required 2. they promise the vehicle by a certain time.

Good Luck.

I have started the Lemon law process on mine. You have to send a letter to Ford via certified mail. There are instructions on where to send it in the owner's manual.

Then you have to go through the BBB Autoline service. You apply online and they will send you a packet of information that you fill out.

Mine has been to the dealer 5 different times for a total of 33 days, so far, all related to the MFT nightmare. Its there right now.

Keep all of your documentation from the dealer, or at least get a copy from the dealer when you go back up there.

When you go to the dealer, make sure that EACH time you take it in, a new work order is opened. Do not let them continue or extend an old one. Several people I know that have gone through the process on various vehicles have had multiple trips to the dealer, have had those multiple complaints and attempted services considered as one trip/complaint due to them being on the same work order. Some have not, but better safe than sorry, especially when dealing with lawyers.

Exactly. Mine are on separate Service orders, except I had to go up there 3 times on one of the service orders before it worked decent enough to drive off the lot.

It have had it up there 5 distinct times now and have 5 separate service orders, even though I have been up there 7 times.

They have had the vehicle 33 days of the approximately 150 days since I took delivery.

Today is Friday at about 10:30 in the morning and I received a call from Ford who told me that the dealership would be calling me today to come pick up my vehicle. They said the update to 2.11 "should" fix my problem, although in the past week since they've had it they were unable to duplicate the problem. (Sometimes it was 2 weeks from it acting up till the next time it acted up.) I hope they remembered to find out why also there is a whistling noise on the right side from wind coming into the cabin somewhere. Thanks again for all who have listened. More to come if it acts up again.

That doesn't sound right. I don't think the MFT software is linked to your getting advanced trac faults. That on its own is a different computer, software, and sensors.

I agree- that sounds odd. I don't think the dealer has a clue, which seems to be the case most of the time when it comes to the new Explorer. They are woefully inadequately uneducated on this vehicle from what I've seen.

My Explorer problem is over now. Yesterday I went to the dealer and negotiated a deal to give back my car and bought another limited. Different color and a few more features, I'm happy now. I pick it up this afternoon. Hope it never has the problems I've encountered on the previous Explorer.

My Explorer problem is over now. Yesterday I went to the dealer and negotiated a deal to give back my car and bought another limited. Different color and a few more features, I'm happy now. I pick it up this afternoon. Hope it never has the problems I've encountered on the previous Explorer.

Is the new one a 2012?

Either way, I hope it runs flawlessly.

How'd that go? Did you have to threaten them? lol

I hope the new Ex treats you better than the last.

What color and equipment did you get?

Happy driving.

No, the new one is a 2011. It's that White Platinum Metallic color. This car added the towing package, which I'll never use and the dual sunroofs. Also, the leather seats are a combination black and brown. There are captains chairs on all the back seats too.

I didn't threaten at all. I had to pay more for the new one and negotiate the deal since they considered it trading in the previous one. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't have any problems with the new one.

Back