my explorers SLP exhaust. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my explorers SLP exhaust.

Brooner 115

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
This is a very exciting weekend for me. The reason why is that I am installing my SLP loudmouth 1 exhaust this weekend. I spent $139 on the PAIR of loudmouth 1 resonators (bought from americanmuscle.com -a mustang website-) and $30 on a 2.5 inch Y-Pipe form Jegs.com. I am putting both bullet mufflers on behind the catylic converters and the ypipe will go inplace of the stock mufler and i am using the stock exhaust piping (ill be taking out the stock resonator though). I really hope it sounds nice because I heard a V6 mustang with SLP LM1's and it sounded pretty damn good so I hope my exhaust does too. I will try to get a vid of it up here for reference. Thank for reading.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like fun! Let us know how it turns out.

This is a very exciting weekend for me. The reason why is that I am installing my SLP loudmouth 1 exhaust this weekend. I spent $139 on the PAIR of loudmouth 1 resonators (bought from americanmuscle.com -a mustang website-) and $30 on a 2.5 inch Y-Pipe form Jegs.com. I am putting both bullet mufflers on behind the catylic converters and the ypipe will go inplace of the stock mufler and i am using the stock exhaust piping (ill be taking out the stock resonator though). I really hope it sounds nice because I heard a V6 mustang with SLP LM1's and it sounded pretty damn good so I hope my exhaust does too. I will try to get a vid of it up here for reference. Thank for reading.

Subbing- very interested in this. Make sure you take a vid. SOHC of OHV motor?

this will be the first explorer i will hear an slp loudmouth exhaust on. No one in this forum has put an slp loudmouth this is the 1st explorer.

brooner 115, lets see a video asap i cant wait to see what it sounds like man!

The mustang vid you saw, was it a 4.0 mustang or 3.8?

i havent seen the video

Afboy143, my engines SOHC and it was a 4.0 mustang video. And this is why I am so excited I will be the first explorer on this forum with SLP exhaust! woooo! I wont be able to sleep tonight! and there will be a referance video up ASAP.

Afboy143, my engines SOHC and it was a 4.0 mustang video. And this is why I am so excited I will be the first explorer on this forum with SLP exhaust! woooo! I wont be able to sleep tonight! and there will be a referance video up ASAP.

Very interesting. Im curious because the SOHC is a very high pitched motor so hopefully it wont sound ricey. I bet if you keep the cats on itll sound good.

The SLP mufflers are just glorified resonators correct?

Ya all the muffler is is a peice of 18" pipe with 2.5" inlet and then expands to a 4" body then to a 2.5" outlet. And inside are two 'flanges' at the inlet and outlet. other than that its a peice of pipe that somehow SLP creates an incredible sound with.

brooner did u get the exhaust installed and do u got sound clip of it

I put the exhaust on guys and I got to say it sounds so damn good (for the little bit of exhaust that is coming out the tail pipe). And thats one big problem. I have 2 big leaks right infront of the mufflers and most of the sound is coming from underneath and not all is going through the mufflers. so once this is fixed It will be louder (cause itll be actually going through the mufflers) and I will have a video of it up right after that.

I put the exhaust on guys and I got to say it sounds so damn good (for the little bit of exhaust that is coming out the tail pipe). And thats one big problem. I have 2 big leaks right infront of the mufflers and most of the sound is coming from underneath and not all is going through the mufflers. so once this is fixed It will be louder (cause itll be actually going through the mufflers) and I will have a video of it up right after that.

Was the muffler welded in or clamped? How do you have exhaust leaks at the muffler?

I clamped them in. and the pipes coming from the cats are off by alot. the slp bullets and the pipes are a different distence apart from eachother. So i squeazed the pipes further out to fit in the slp bullets and there is now an exhaust leak because the pipes are squeazing back to the center creating an slight opening on the inlet of the muffler.

when u going to put sound clip

the sound clip will probly be on youtube because explorerforum doesnt allow my format of videos, like mpeg and all that other crap. but it will be up as soon as fix the leak which is sometime this week.

The video of the exhaust is up. sorry it took so long. i posted another thread with a youtube link in it. the thread is called SLP loudmouth1 exhaust video

brooner i cant find the video of ur exhaust whats ur username on there on youtube

The video is now posted on the forum. You can just search SLP and its the first post labelled "SLP exhaust video".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back