• Register Today It's free!

My Ford Touch Update

ellis_pinkie

Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
How long should we wait for this update to come in the mail? I called the Ford dealership here in Topeka Kansas and they said we have to wait for it in the mail even though my sync my ride site said go into dealer to get update. Does anybody have a number I can call to see if my update has been shipped? or what to do about it?

Thanks
Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long should we wait for this update to come in the mail? I called the Ford dealership here in Topeka Kansas and they said we have to wait for it in the mail even though my sync my ride site said go into dealer to get update. Does anybody have a number I can call to see if my update has been shipped? or what to do about it?

Thanks
Scott

If SyncMyRide says you need to go to the dealer, you WILL NOT receive the update via mail. Do a search in the MFT section and you will find what you are looking for. I suggest you get the IVT team, via the 800 number to call your idiot dealer.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2937078&postcount=1

if syncmyride says go to the dealer you won't be getting anything in the mail. Call the dealer and tell them to look at FSA 11A02 (possibly 11A01) about the instructions. They are to perform the upgrade for you.

My dealer asked me if I had received the update in the mail, as well. When I told them the site said to take it to the dealer they said no problem. Just had the update done today, and just got the call it is ready to pick up.

I had the update completed today. They replaced my APIM, which they ordered last week when they replaced the cooling fan motor, and updated the software. When I got into the car there was no navigation. I returned to the service desk and he then asked if I recieved the update and s/d card in the mail. I related how SNYC had me print out the instruction for the dealer to update it and I was under the impression that i would not get a mailing. He said no problem as he had an s/d card in stock and if I do recieve one in the mail would I please drop it off at the dealer. (no problem as the dealer is about a mile from my house, and I only need one.)

Although I guess I shouldn't be, I'm still amazed at how many dealers still don't know what to do in some of these situations. I'm sure the information is available to them if they would just take the time to run your VIN through the system. Incredible.:thumbdwn:

Peter

although i guess i shouldn't be, i'm still amazed at how many dealers still don't know what to do in some of these situations. I'm sure the information is available to them if they would just take the time to run your vin through the system. Incredible.:thumbdwn:

Peter

what peter said. Ridiculous

+1

I have linked up to sync my ride and the only thing I got from it was verbal notice to renewal my subscription. So do I keep waiting for the update for my MFT to come in the mail, or maybe there is a problem with sync my ride. Waiting in Wisconsin.

I have linked up to sync my ride and the only thing I got from it was verbal notice to renewal my subscription. So do I keep waiting for the update for my MFT to come in the mail, or maybe there is a problem with sync my ride. Waiting in Wisconsin.
Do you subscribe to Sync Services? I read that you have to renew that yearly for the length of your subscription. There is no charge for that as long as you are still within the overall Sync Services subscription timeframe.
If the site doesn't give you any directions re the upgrade, go to you dealer and ask them to do the performance upgrade.
What model year do you have. The only info I see is a 93XLT. There is nothing listed in Vehicle Specs either.

Peter

Peter, I have a 2011 limited, without nav. The sync was included in the new sale for 3 years I thought. My thinking is I should not have to go into the dealership for the MFT upgade because I do not have Nav. But this new twist with sync confuses me.

Peter, I have a 2011 limited, without nav. The sync was included in the new sale for 3 years I thought. My thinking is I should not have to go into the dealership for the MFT upgade because I do not have Nav. But this new twist with sync confuses me.
I was asking about Sync Services which is something additional that you can subscribe to. It is over and above the Sync that comes with the vehicle. It provides traffic, directions, weather etc. If you are not subscribed to that option then I don't know why you would be receiving a renewal request.
As for having or not having Nav, I don't think that is the determining factor as whether or not it has to be done by the dealer. I think the issue is more about ensuring that the cooling fans are set to run on HIGH when the update is performed to prevent possible overheating. A condition some of the early models were experiencing.

Peter

Peter, Thanks. That all make sense to me.

Back