My Ford Touch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Ford Touch

burtman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
I had a 2011 Edge with My Ford Touch and had a lot of problems. Ford replaced unit twice and then sent out USB thumb drives to all owners with My Ford Touch that was to update and take care of the problem. Made my Edge even worse ! looking at a new 2014 Explorer. did Ford fix the problem yet of this system ?
ALSO the tires that come on the Explorer Limited 4x4 are they good for the Buffalo winters with out me having to buy other tires...... Thanks for any responses. Does the Explorer use Reg Unleaded Gas ?

Welcome to the Forum burtman.:wavey:
I had a 2011 Limited and had no issues with the MFT at all. I now have a 2014 MKT and the MFT has worked great. As for the tires, no so called all-season is recommended for Winter driving. It isn't just snow but the temperature that you have to be concerned about. All-season tires begin to lose their optimum grip at just 44 degrees F on cold bare roads and it goes down from there. The rubber hardens unlike a dedicated Winter tire which stay very pliable. I would never use all-seasons in Winter just for the safety factor alone.

Peter

Back