• Register Today It's free!

My James Bond Hidden Kill Switch

XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Wausau, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport SOHC 4X4
I have been wanting to put a kill switch in the sport for last year and finally have done it. I picked out a few locations but everyone never seemed to my liking. The one i really liked and planned on doing till just the otherday was wire up an old dimmer switch mounted down by the brake pedal but i scrapped that idea. I talk to my friend and he said the most likely places to look for a switch would be accesible from the drivers seat. So i wanted to be extra sneaky! So that left me with my final option.

Stare at the picture and try to find it!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I really wanted to have a push button on/off switch but i was having issues finding one that would be easy to push, handle around 20amps, and be small enough to fit in this location so i could just attach the front end of the cigarette lighter right to it. But this works really great. Its just a rocker switch. Plus i didnt have far to go with wires since i hooked it to the interia switch. It works great. Just pull the end out and push the button. Easy to use and the green light lets me know its on.

Let me know what you think guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats pretty cool and i like the post title

thats pretty cool and i like the post title

Thanks!

Heres a shot from the backside with out the button installed. I just used the existing hardware and took a dremel to meet my needs.
picture.php

Heres the button after some modding.
picture.php

Finally the cigarette light thingy that i just cut down in size.
picture.php

that is pretty clever.

is the killswitch being used to kill the headlights? or is it for the stereo?

is the killswitch being used to kill the headlights? or is it for the stereo?

so nobody can steal the vehicle. Well, without getting it towed anyway.

I imagine its for the starter.

Great idea! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kills the fuel pump, actually. Atleast from his post, it's hooked up to the inertia switch = kill power to fuel pump

Plus i didnt have far to go with wires since i hooked it to the interia switch.

Doh. Yeah it kills the fuel so the starter turns but the engine doesnt fire.

*Note To self, Look behind the Cigarette lighter.*

You can also use the coin holder (quarters one works best) if you have a short console :)

You can also use the coin holder (quarters one works best) if you have a short console :)

Thats not a bad idea either but i got the long console.

Wakeboy1337. I guess its not so secret anymore.

Back