My New 91 on a 8 1/2 lift with 35s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New 91 on a 8 1/2 lift with 35s

well here you guys are i just got this 91 explorer a couple months ago had a 5 1/2 inch super lift put on it and a 3 inch body lift and put some 35s dunlops mud rovers on it still need to get some new gears in it but it seems to go nice on the road without them but havent taken it out in the mud yet still got a 4x4 issue dont know if its the shift motor or what but gotta work on it might just get some hubs and do away with the push button but any opinions would be appreciated :)
here is a couple of pics for ya

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6823/mytruck0vn.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7392/another7kb.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not a single punctuation mark in that whole post..;) truck looks good!

very nice looking truck. good luck with it

slravene said:
not a single punctuation mark in that whole post..;)

haha yeah man, your truck looks good. Get the blue off the white walls though.

-Drew

Me like the truck. Are you going to raise the rear bumper to match? it's a little low now because of the body lift...

Yes i am gonna raise the rear bumper.I think it will look a little weird tho with the hitch hanging down and also as for the puncuation i was half asleep when i first posted so im sure you know the feeling.
But as i said before all comments are welcome. :)

Nice tires. :D Truck looks good, but make some gap guards to cover up the ugly body lift space in the wheelwells.

you dont need gap gaurds when its packed full of mud... haha get out and wheel that thing

your truck looks really good....what rims are those?

nice!

ok man im not sure what rims these are but a guy told me they were ET mags.Ive never heard of them before but i did see a set of them on a newer ranger so i dont know.I got them out of the bulletin board around here for 150 bux.They need cleaned up a little but they get the job done.
I got a question for you guys tho.I had this suspension lift put on and this body lift and the truck pulled to the right after they aligned it at the alignment shop.So i took it back and they told me it needed camber bearings. So had them put those in also and it cost me more money and they told me there is nothing they can do about it but they say it wont make the tires wear but i dont know if i should believe them or not. Anyhow if anybody might know any info on this please let me know thanks.
oh and it still pulls to the right. sorry left that out

camber shims.
I am guessing you still have + camber?
If this is true then you have too much lift coil for your drop brackets (hybrid lift kit)

OR they did not install big enough shims. Max shims are 2.75 degrees.

Your autohubs will not last long with 35" tires.
manual hubs will not eliminate the touch button 4x4 transfer case.

Nice truck :)

real clean lookin DD, just b\need a flip up dvd and a car audio system in there.. :eek:

camber shims.
I am guessing you still have + camber?
If this is true then you have too much lift coil for your drop brackets (hybrid lift kit)

OR they did not install big enough shims. Max shims are 2.75 degrees.

Your autohubs will not last long with 35" tires.
manual hubs will not eliminate the touch button 4x4 transfer case.

Nice truck :)

to be honest i have no clue what you just said lmao i just bought the truck and ran into some money and decided to get into the art of 4x4 so if you could run that by me again in english lol i know i sound like a dipshit for these forums bu i paid to have this done so any help would be apresiated it still pulls to the right by the way good thing i hardly ever drive it
ps i cant spell either lol

Looks very nice. Listen to what 410 sez. By the way the truck should not be pulling to the right, have the brakes looked at and/or wheel alignment.

Back