My new rims | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new rims

Update:

Am having a problem getting tires from Tirerack. The Yokohama Prada Spec X 285/40/22's have been on back order 30-90 days...very frustrating. Just checked the web site, and now it says 11/28/11...so they say! :rolleyes:

Got a lead on a new perfect 'take off' set of 2010's sitting in a shop near me. Still a have the little nipples, and dye marks on the tread. Just installed today (Sat.)

Will be putting my car away as soon as the weather gets bad, so I doubt I will mount tires on my other 22's till spring.

Frank

86780469.jpg

35213360.jpg

49287002.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What size are those rims in this most recent picture? They look bigger than 22s (oddly almost too big for the Explorer imo).

They are 2010 Edge Sport 22's, perfect size! :D

What size are those rims in this most recent picture? They look bigger than 22s (oddly almost too big for the Explorer imo).

JETZ is that your car?

So you didn't swap out for the other 22" edge wheels?

jetz, are you gonna be selling those once you get the 2012 sport wheels put on your ride?

if so, i might call dibs if the price is right.....

Looks pretty sweet. 22's are definitely a good size.

Yes, my car. I have the 2012 wheels, but the tires I want are on back order.

JETZ is that your car?

So you didn't swap out for the other 22" edge wheels?

Yes, will be selling them, but shipping wheels & tires would kill you.

Frank

jetz, are you gonna be selling those once you get the 2012 sport wheels put on your ride?

if so, i might call dibs if the price is right.....

Thanks Canuck! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
It's too bad 22's are not an option on our cars. Now, I hope H&R comes out with some lowering springs.

Looks pretty sweet. 22's are definitely a good size.

22's look perfect. Leaving the stock springs should maintain ride quality.

Anybody else put rims on the 2011/2012 Explorer lately?

Ex-sv, no staying with stock limited polish rims for now, want to get the lower body half paint matched in the spring. Where in Nor-Cal are you located, I'm in Fairfield, Vacaville area. Time for an ex club!

Ex-sv, no staying with stock limited polish rims for now, want to get the lower body half paint matched in the spring. Where in Nor-Cal are you located, I'm in Fairfield, Vacaville area. Time for an ex club!

Spengracin - I'm in Silicon Valley.

btw - I consider your white Limited my favorite version of the new Explorer.

Cool, I visit San Jose all the time, look on the what you added thread in the modifcation section, I posted some pics of the few changes I completed since purchase..

Thank you for the cuddos......I like the classy look without the hugh cost, I have to admit, it rides nice...

Speaking of wheels and tires..

I have a '97 5.0 2x4 4-door.. Was thinking of getting away from the factory 15's. Later on, I'm thinking about taking an inch or 2 out of the suspension. So far the best fit I can find (for a performance application) that would probably still look decent is a 255/40-20x9. Worried about suspension travel and turn radius. Is this a non-issue.. Should I decrease my rim size.. Will I need to modify my Exp? I'm new at this, please be gentle. ;)

The 255/40-20x9 set is same height and 2 inches wider than the 235/70-15x7.

Comments?

Back