My New X Sport 2001 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New X Sport 2001

Howdy -

I've had my Explorer for almost a month now and I love it so far...As soon as I saw BlackMagics truck I knew I was in trouble and the mods began...hahahaha. I'm In central Texas if any of ya'll happen to be from this area IM me at RedAggie03...Later

40LSmall.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AmpSmall.jpg

You can see my Sony 1200 watt monoblock amp through the grill

FogsSmall.jpg

KC's :eek:

K&NSmall.jpg

Yes, FIPK II chillin under the hood...I love it.

SmallSploderFront.jpg

SmallSploderSide.jpg

Cobra wheels nothing less ;)

Sub&AmpSmall.jpg

Sorry the pics suck, but my camera sucks so....

What should I do next?

- Apten chip
- FlowMaster (series 40 or 50??)
- 4.10's
- Paint lower body black to match car
- Remove side bar steps

Later!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by The Cheat
What should I do next?

- Apten chip
- FlowMaster (series 40 or 50??)
- 4.10's
- Paint lower body black to match car
- Remove side bar steps

All the above! :)

I'm also planning a 9007 Bi-Xenon HID kit from HIDkits.com. Oh - and I would like to get XM also, the radio stations here kinda suck.

So you like it? :)

Nice Ride man... Add another Black O1+ to the line up... Geez I gotta save some money and start modding. Would help if I hadnt quit my job... oh well...
Matt, you gotta make a trip down here and we can get all 3 of our rides together for a photoshoot. 2 O1s and my O3... :)
--Bryan

Well, I just ordered my HID kit today. I got the M10 balasts from HIDkits.com - it's a bi-xenon kit with some kind of adjustable power output so you can change the color of the bulb. I like it because everything just plugs in. We'll see - it was a good price so I jumpped on it. I'm talking to Brian right now about ordering my chip. After I get all of that done I'm going to the body shop for some paint work.

On a side note - all of the Texas boys need to meet up somewhere and hang out. I'm heading up to Dallas for Hot Import Nights Aug 2nd if anyone want to meet up there. There will be two kegs on tap at my house after the show :D

Later

Hey man the it looks great. I have the same motor and was thinking about getting a K&N air filter but i didn't know. Do u like urs? an is it worth the money?...Thanks

Godd Stuff

Hey Cheat. Nice ride. Sounds to me like your Sport is going to become heavily modded. Let me just tell you that you'll be very satisfied with an Apten Chip. The firmness of the shifts and the throttle response is impressive. BTW, about how much is this HID conversion?

frickea86 - I love the K&N FIPK kit. I found it on eBay like new (the guy sent me EVERYTHING!!) for $170 I believe. It sounds awesome at WOT and i did notice a little better gas mileage and much more top end. It also whistles at certain RPMs (all intakes do) - I think it sounds cool when you do like a 1/3 throttle off the line and it whistles through 3rd gear...it sounds like a SC.

Explo01 - The kit started at :eek: $299!! :eek: I then upgraded to the M10 balasts, shipping, and TAX (always my luck that I live in the same state). It came out to $415 total for everything. I will be doing a write up on it I'm sure. Check out the web site at www.hidkits.com. Matt (owner?) is a super cool guy and very helpful. He spent over 45 minutes on the phone with me Saturday afternoon explaining and answering every question that I had. You don't get that much anymore now-a-days.... I'm just now realizing how much money I just spent on headlights, but I've heard that once you get HID you never want to go back so.... I should get the kit Tuesday or Wednesday...

Hey cheat, looks like you got a nice start and some nice plans in the future. If we ever get the Texplorers club together you should join us. Im only about 40 miles from where you are.

I'm there. Just let me know when and where. I've got a few plans for the X, but I have to hold back and not get too carried away...I will be graduating from A&M soon and I need to have some money saved to start paying back loans :(

The Cheat - thanks man for the info...i just relized i wrote something on this thread and it was the thread to inspire me to go out and get my KKM air filter which i love...thanks man

adam

No Prob - I'm glad you like it!

Nice to see a another fellow sport driver. For some reason The Cheat I cant see pics of ur sport at all.

But keep up the good work on modding ur 01 sport. I also got an 01 sport and i did some mods to it. It says what I did on my signature.

Sams01XplrSprt said:
For some reason The Cheat I cant see pics of ur sport at all.
Hmmm...Maybe cause they're almost 3 years old? :confused: :rolleyes:

Back