My photos/schematics/diagrams still available. | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My photos/schematics/diagrams still available.

power windows diagram

I have problem with my power windows not working properly and overhead display console are dead. The previous owner has remote starter and security unit on it. It has been removed and i got no idea to where to look at, to trac this problem. Could you send me electric diagram for that part of circuit. Thank in advance. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will do.

I have problem with my power windows not working properly and overhead display console are dead. The previous owner has remote starter and security unit on it. It has been removed and i got no idea to where to look at, to trac this problem. Could you send me electric diagram for that part of circuit. Thank in advance. :salute:

Your overhead console maybe the 510 chips on the circuit board that need to be re soldered. There is a sticky on how to fix this. I never knew how to solder before and I fixed mines.

I also had a problem with my power windows and my problem was a broken wire in the rubber boot in the driver door jamb, I also re soldered this. There is also a sticky on this.

I read every post in those threads and found answers and helpful tips throughout. Hopefully that will also be of some help for you.

thank for diagram

Thank a much for all diagrams :) Very helpful. I have figure out that master window switch are slightly different than should be. It fit in perfectly in frame and connectors beside the one (+12V) very important prong are not there at all. Without this leg It CANT work. What a shame seller cheat me on original parts. Surprisingly passenger front and driver rear worked ok.

I am wondering if I could get the schematic for the wiper circuit for a 2001 SportTrac? Do you know if there is a governor in the circuit or a controller? I am hoping to do a "stand alone" wiper circuit on my project. Thanks in advance.

Get it to you in the morning

I actually don't have that one but you can pull it off of
www.bbbind.com
Go to the TSB & Wiring Diagrams

Thanks for the link, that was very helpfull and added to my favorites.

no dash lights after installing aftermarket stereo

just recently removed double din factory tape/cd player & installed a single din jvc unit...during installation there were 2 harness plugs that were left unused...didn't notice until a day or so later that my dash/instrument panel lights were no longer illuminated...checked fuses & all were good...dimmer switch is working, as it will turn on/off the overhead dome lights...on top of this, when the headlights are off, my cruise control instrument light on dash is lit...however, when i turn on the headlights, the cruise light goes out...everything else seems to be working properly...any suggestions will be much appreciated...

The drivers side window is in-op.
there always is power to the up side
whether you press up or down.
This is with motor disconnected and showing voltage
to the motor
The relay under the hood is good
tested with a known good one.
when pressing down I can hear
another relay under the dash buzz
for a second. The owners manual does
not show the relays under the dash.
An electrical schematic that shows what
these relays are, would be much appreciated.

mbodell

mbodell, email sent to you.

Thanks for the diagram. I pulled the relay from under the dash and with out
power. it was warm but I tested it and it seems ok. (power to 1 & 2 and continuity on 3 & 5.
The window motor is unplugged and as soon as the ignition is turned on there is power on the white/black wire in the plug. in this case it is telling the motor to go up. There should not be power on either wire in that plug until the button is pushed either up or down. the wires that pass through the door to the kick panel go through a can like device attached to the door and the wires come out the bottom of the can and then pass through the door frame. The can has a bolt head on the top but I haven't taken it out yet. I am wondering if there can be a short in there making that wire hot all the time. I am not sure how that comes apart so any info on that can is welcome. I guess I should have a window wiring schematic too if you could shoot me one of those too. Thanks again

power window schematic

Have you got a power window schematic for an 03?
New master switch and new relays installed.
No change.
There is constant power to the drivers side window motor, as soon
as the ignition key is turned on. I can hear the motor try to push up the window
and then it makes a click sound and then short silence and click sound again over and over.I am tearing what little hair I have left, out.
The motor and lift mechanism is also new.
The right rear window will not work either and will dim the lights when trying.
New switch there too.
I need help, thanks

One of the pdf's I sent you was a window schematic. That "can" is held together with a 6mm bolt (10 mm socket to remove) IIRC. I'll send you a pin-out for it.

My bad. I did not see all of the attachments, but I do now!
Thanks
I can see by the diagram that there is a GEM to sense current
to
turn off OTD relay when window is completely opened or closed.
This looks like it could be my problem with the drivers window.
I'll explore that later today.

I can see by the diagram that there is a GEM to sense current
to turn off OTD relay when window is completely opened or closed.
This looks like it could be my problem with the drivers window.
I'll explore that later today.

But that tan/blue (iirc color) senses the window being all the way up or all the way down by current draw and tells the GEM to turn off the OTD relay. It's possible it is the GEM but from experience broken wiring in the boot is the cause of 95% of electrical issues within the drivers door.

hello,

Looking for a diagram of the parts below the steering column in a 2002 Sport Explorer, tilt, 4wd, auto. Assembly/dis assembly instructions???

This would be for in the cabin. I have an extra piece left over from a PO disassemble. Piece is a flat 'U' shaped piece of metal, say 4 inches tall, 8 inches wide. Two mounting holes, one on each end. Part of the piece is painted black. Looks like some sort of brace that may be part of the safety/crash design??

Not able to find any diagrams/pics thru google/yahoo searches or any of the online parts places I have tried.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you snap and post a pic of it?

Back