My "Sport" has arrived!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My "Sport" has arrived!!!

Well i picked her (Sport) up yesterday:D while doing the paper work they informed me that my Sport was a "Quality Control Vehicle" there was 81 miles on it from Ford testing her. They just randomly pick a vehicle off the line. has anyone else received their vehicle from being a part of this? I think its a great idea!

It was sad :( to part with my 07 EB Expedition, it will definitely be a vehicle for me to get use to as far as the size and roominess. The ride is great and the power/exceleration is all that compared to what i had b/4. The fit and finish is good and the vent molding/door on the passengers side (that ive been reading about not matching up) is a perfect match!:D. All the electronics is overwelming, but im sure i'll get used to all of it.

So for all you out there waiting for you Explorer,(Ive felt your pain, 12 weeks for me) it's well worth the wait!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i picked her (Sport) up yesterday:D while doing the paper work they informed me that my Sport was a "Quality Control Vehicle" there was 81 miles on it from Ford testing her. They just randomly pick a vehicle off the line. has anyone else received their vehicle from being a part of this? I think its a great idea!

My 97 Ranger XLT Extended Cab 4x4 was a factory QC truck. What I found is that is means a big wig at the plant took it home for the weekend.

My 97 Ranger XLT Extended Cab 4x4 was a factory QC truck. What I found is that is means a big wig at the plant took it home for the weekend.

:( Well then, i hope he/she enjoyed the ride! lol

:( Well then, i hope he/she enjoyed the ride! lol

On the plus side, yours was propably picked because it was the most interesting or nicest to be sitting around the factory lot that day.

Sweet man!

Don't need to sell me on K&N. I've had either K&N Cold air intake or flat filter in EVERY car I've owned since 2003. (1993 Mazda Protege, 2000 Firebird, 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII, 2007 Toyota Yaris, 2008 Dodge Charger, 2009 Dodge Ram hemi, 2004 Passat and 2004 GTO) My GTO had the largest improvement because the stock airbox was like sucking air through a straw. Also felt a nice diff in my 04 Passat, with turbo. Anything forced induction with more air = more power and efficiency.

As soon as a cold air kit is available specifically for the Ex Sport...its goin on it!

You are absolutely right!! They are the best!

I had it in two previous trucks as I said , a 2012 Explorer Limited and a 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer and they definitely make a difference and I only had just install the air filters. I can imagine what the whole kit will do. I was able to only find the kit for the 2013 Taurus SHO although the kit placement may be different for the Sport even though is the same engine.

Here is the link,http://www.streetsideauto.com/c/col...akes/b/kn/v/2013-ford-taurus-sho-35l-213-cid/

It was sad :( to part with my 07 EB Expedition, it will definitely be a vehicle for me to get use to as far as the size and roominess. The ride is great and the power/exceleration is all that compared to what i had b/4. The fit and finish is good and the vent molding/door on the passengers side (that ive been reading about not matching up) is a perfect match!:D. All the electronics is overwelming, but im sure i'll get used to all of it.

So for all you out there waiting for you Explorer,(Ive felt your pain, 12 weeks for me) it's well worth the wait!

Congrats again on your new Sport. It will be a complete different driving experience . I used to owned as well a 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer fully loaded with the Captain chairs in the second row. It was really nice driving the Expedition with all that room inside and the nice comfortable ride that perhaps was due to the air suspension it had. My salesman at the dealer informed me that there is going to be a new completely remodeled version of the Expedition for 2015 with three different engine choices including the 3.5L Ecoboost. Can you imagine a new completely redesign Expedition with the Ecoboost engine ? In the meantime I will keep enjoying my Sport and I am pretty sure you will enjoy yours as well. Keep us informed of your experience with it.

Best of luck.

I'm not so sure how happy I would be if my "new" car came in with 81 miles on it...hmmmm....

Congrats again on your new Sport. It will be a complete different driving experience . I used to owned as well a 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer fully loaded with the Captain chairs in the second row. It was really nice driving the Expedition with all that room inside and the nice comfortable ride that perhaps was due to the air suspension it had. My salesman at the dealer informed me that there is going to be a new completely remodeled version of the Expedition for 2015 with three different engine choices including the 3.5L Ecoboost. Can you imagine a new completely redesign Expedition with the Ecoboost engine ? In the meantime I will keep enjoying my Sport and I am pretty sure you will enjoy yours as well. Keep us informed of your experience with it.

Best of luck.

This is really good news for me on the 2015 Exped. if i dont enjoy this Sport, in 3 yrs (lease up) i have something to look forward too!. I thought they were going to cancel out the Exped. all together. now im curious to what it will look like. Do you have any links for pictures?

This is really good news for me on the 2015 Exped. if i dont enjoy this Sport, in 3 yrs (lease up) i have something to look forward too!. I thought they were going to cancel out the Exped. all together. now im curious to what it will look like. Do you have any links for pictures?

I haven't been able to find any spy photos of the new Expedition nor there is any information to be found in the Internet yet but I'm very sure something will come up soon. Will keep you posted as soon as I find anything up.

Back