My Sport has officially landed! (pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Sport has officially landed! (pics)

13TuxedoSport

Reaction score
City, State
Visalia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
So 9 weeks to the day (ordered on a Thursday night, 9 weeks ago) -- she has finally landed.... with somewhat of a let-down. When I ordered it, I specifically ordered Sienna/Charcoal interior. Well she came with just charcoal interior.

Oh well. The order manifesto I signed and dated was not the same one entered into the system, so user error. I'm sure my dealership will take care of me, no complaints yet. ;)

8517906804_33368e51bc_c.jpg

8517904614_cb16be7a2c_c.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks just like mine ;)

So 9 weeks to the day (ordered on a Thursday night, 9 weeks ago) -- she has finally landed.... with somewhat of a let-down. When I ordered it, I specifically ordered Sienna/Charcoal interior. Well she came with just charcoal interior.

Oh well. The order manifesto I signed and dated was not the same one entered into the system, so user error. I'm sure my dealership will take care of me, no complaints yet. ;)

Congrats Tux on your new Sport. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine. I am sorry to hear that they didn't put the Charcoal Black Sienna Interior seats as you have requested. I know how you must feel. That is why when I ordered my Explorer from my dealer I was very specific that the most important part of my order was that it must be built with the Charcoal Black Sienna Interior or I was not going to take it upon delivery an trust me that I meant it. Can your dealer order them and change them? I am pretty sure they can but it will be up to you if you want to do it.

Best of luck with it.!!!

My Sport,

D73-0220BBB21BAE-1439-0000008DA465B1AC_zps193bf47d.jpg

ExplorerSport29_zpsa75c68aa.jpg

ExplorerSport22_zpscfb94721.jpg

ExplorerSport25_zps6da2054c.jpg

ExplorerSport21_zpsa65f26e0.jpg

ExplorerSport2_zpsb45e02c8.jpg

A perfect example to get a copy of the DORA after they place the order. It will list every option entered in the system so you can be sure it will be built that way.

Congrtats! She looks great, now lets see what she looks like bathing in the sun!:thumbsup:

Lou

A perfect example to get a copy of the DORA after they place the order. It will list every option entered in the system so you can be sure it will be built that way.

Absolutely right. When I ordered mine my salesman took me to the office where they place the orders in the system and showed me my order and asked me if it was exactly how I wanted it before entering the order and besides that he still gave me a copy of the order after in was placed. I remember that he told me that it was a special order with a priority level 10 ( which is the best level you can get) and that it will be deliver in 8 weeks but it only took 7.

This is the reason why I have been doing business with this dealer and the same salesman for over 15 years.

Great looking Sport you got there!

I must admit that after reading your post I went back to the window sticker that I downloaded for mine -- and double checked the interior option -- WHEW -- it was correct!

I hope that you dealer takes really good care of you!

I'm over the interior by now, as I suspected i'd be. lol. was nice distiguishment between the 400 and 402 packages tho... since you can only get the 2tone on the 402.

Back