My Surprise! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Surprise!

You do know do know that gauge is useless right?

Does it run alright? If so then I don't think you should worry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if they had a ford they wouldnt have got stuck in the first place,lol.

if they had a ford they wouldnt have got stuck in the first place,lol.

amen to that.
sounds like these guys need to grow some balls and fess up. i like the wild goose chase idea though.....

Take it to a shop, get an estimate send them the bill. If they don't pay, take them to small claims court.

I know :D

You do know do know that gauge is useless right?

Does it run alright? If so then I don't think you should worry.

No it doesn't run alright, all of the lifters were completely flat when I started it. I'm gonna try changing the oil and filter first and then go from there. Just hope that the motor isn't completely trashed, but there is no telling how long they ran it without pressure. I'm ready to start beating on him but it's not worth going to jail over or worse having to deal with the wife afterwards. :dead: : :hammer:

Vent away brotha! Thats what were here for.
Got any pics of that pretzel bumper of yours?

I'll try to get some pics when I get home Friday if the Weather cooperates.

Not sure, but check the oil pan for any dents. A small dent near the oil pump could blocked the input screen resulting in Zero pressure.

btw.. where are the bumper pics?
:ttiwwp:

I say once they fix your Ex put there blazer back where it was stuck, or stick it somewhere even better haha, but seriously despite the wife thing I would persue for the bill to have it back the way it was when you left.

This is just one of those things that's so stupid and pointless and yet causes so much trouble... I'm not saying that it's a triviality that you're having engine troubles, because I know I would freak if that happened to me, but the circumstances leading up to this could have been avoided had there been slightly more thought on the behalf of the parties involved... Now you're not only dealing with the issue of the money and liability, but you're also set up for some personal reprecussions as well... Then again, none of this was your fault, so if the guy would just fess up and pay his dues there wouldn't be any problems...

Personally, I don't know if small claims court would work... Unless you have stacks of reciepts showing that you've taken immaculate care of your truck since you purchased it, and can prove that it was in fact the boyfriend that caused this damage, I think you'd be pretty much stuck. Then again, that's just me... you might actually be able to pull it off. I'd try to deal with it personally... I would avoid doing something rash like stealing his car or whatnot, but keep pressure on him to get your money back.

update:::::I've got oil pressure now, but the lifters are still tapping really bad. I'm not too sure on how long the oil pressure will stay up, thinking more along the lines of internal damage here. I'll get into that after I get back from AZ. I still haven't heard anything out of the boyfriend, he drove by my house Sat while I was cleaning out my big truck, he saw me in the cab and sped up. I will up date this again when I get back home and tear into it. Keep your fingers crossed for the best.

kill him....not really.

put some tranny fluid in with the oil. i had some pritty bad clatter from my sister running my X without oil. that was when it was her's and god knows chicks dont check oil and she thinks the "check oil" light means wait till she gets home and have me do it. anyway ever sence then when i change my oil i put one quort of ATF and 4 quorts of 10W-30. i no longer have any valve train noise.

Good luck! :Crosses fingers and toes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ATF with the oil? I never tried that. How about adding Marvel Mystery Oil? That's supposed to work, too. Castrol oil for "high mileage, >75000" cars seems to have quieted down my lifters.

It would make anyone mad, but try to forget about the boyfriend. He is an immature, irresponsible retard.

Just concentrate on fixing the battle damage and getting the Explorer running. That's job 1. Consider putting in a hidden ignition kill switch, so no one can borrow it in the future.

Best of luck. We are with you.

Bob

Back