My truck sound like it has 44 swampers :( | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My truck sound like it has 44 swampers :(

Five40sfinest

Reaction score
City, State
Partlow, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92
Okay, Ive been thread searching all evening for a solution. No luck because everyone I've seen doesn't give an exact answer. So here goes guys!
My truck sounds like I've got 44" boggers on it. The loud hum is coming from the front end starts around 23-35 and gets louder as I accelerate. When I turn the wheel the noise goes away, not sure if it goes away both side but ill know in a few when I take it out. Car max told me i had a rear differential leak but that wouldn't make the noise from the front end obviously. I am under the impression it'd crack and pop if it were the axles.
If I didn't give enough info ask me anything, ill answer it to my best.
Hopefully one of you can help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

only reason it was at Carmax is bc i was getting it appraised. JOKE

Sounds to me like it's the hub bearing assemblies.

Bearing for sure, jack it up and check it. Sometimes you wont tell unless the vehicle load is on it, but if you turn a little and it goes away sounds like you have a bad bearing. Im on 42s and it make tons of noise. LOL:salute:

Jack it up and check it. Awd you need a rack to run it. But you still can check for play. Your awd might act funny on a rack too.

Back