MY TRUSTY 2002 Explorer Sport has been vandalized. Need some help patching her up please... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MY TRUSTY 2002 Explorer Sport has been vandalized. Need some help patching her up please...

I actually ordered the Rancho adjustable shocks and they were very reasonable compared to other sellers. I've read very good things about them and that they do last a very long time.

I'm still looking for a black wheel and body trim. Thank you.

Rancho actually makes some that give a slight lift and removes the factory rake.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rancho actually makes some that give a slight lift and removes the factory rake.
i thought it was monroe who made the load ajusts

I know nothing about the Ranchos other than I read these would hold the same ride height and I got them at a very good price from RockAuto. A slight ride height change isn't going to bother me either way but only a slight one. Will update once I have them installed. Paint will happen first before any parts are installed. Thanks

I know nothing about the Ranchos other than I read these would hold the same ride height and I got them at a very good price from RockAuto. A slight ride height change isn't going to bother me either way but only a slight one. Will update once I have them installed. Paint will happen first before any parts are installed. Thanks
notmal shocks like ranchos wont adjust height any. the only way to do that is cia something like the monroe loadadjusts or air shocks

Great. I don't want to change that as it is really good already. I'm really looking for some nice black wheels but haven't found anything at all. I will keep the 16's as well. Thanks.

steelies or alloys? sites like custom offsets sell tons of rims, if youre lookibg for hlack stockies... i dont think they exist as a factory option, its just painting em

I'd rather have alloys so I'm keeping an eye open. If anyone finds a nice black alloy that would be great. I'm not finding much. I don't want to spend a lot on wheels as I'm getting new paint and other replacement parts, and it's a 163,000 + vehicle. Thanks all.

heres one! at 120 a piece, it aint bad!!!

Hello. Thanks for the find however I something with spokes, not five, but more. So is 38 mm the correct offset for a RWD 2002 Explorer Sport?

I can take a wheel off but just thought I'd ask before I did that. Does anyone know the range for the offset? Thanks.

Hello. Thanks for the find however I something with spokes, not five, but more. So is 38 mm the correct offset for a RWD 2002 Explorer Sport?

I can take a wheel off but just thought I'd ask before I did that. Does anyone know the range for the offset? Thanks.
ill be honest, im unsure of the offset on the stock rims. i want to say its somewhere around there, but i never found a definitive answer, and its been a while. and that rim does have a good amount of spokes, looks like i tmigh tbe 12? i had a hard time counting them, my brain is fried recently. i know for a fact the stock rims had decent amount of positive offset, so it could be ipretty close. and custom offsets says itll fit without trimming/rub so at least it would supposedly work. and also i just realized youve got the bigger rotors, let me check to ensure it fits the newer ones, this was one of the ones i looked at for my 98 a while back

Here is a screenshot of what I found online. I will just remove one of the wheels to verify. Thanks.

Screenshot_20220529-145349.jpg

Back