My xplodin xplorer, check it out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My xplodin xplorer, check it out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice, I escpecially like the grills on the doors......looks cool, stick some neons behind there to accent the speakers at night :chug:

Currently I am looking for some black matting to place over the "door" part that you can see beneath the plexi and I am trying to think of a way to stick an led or two behind that mat. If you have any tips on how to wire that I would love to hear it.

yeah, good work with the door grilles. nice and original :thumbsup:

icu400 said:
Currently I am looking for some black matting to place over the "door" part that you can see beneath the plexi and I am trying to think of a way to stick an led or two behind that mat. If you have any tips on how to wire that I would love to hear it.

Maybe just take ABS Plastic and spraypaint it or leave it black? Other than that, I would think custom fiberglass work would be needed.

Your truck would look a lot better with that sticker on the back removed. Just kidding, love the speaker grilles. Fantastic job on those.

Looks great, nice job on speaker grilles.

Truck looks great. I have to comment on the speaker grills also GOOD JOB!!

aggieEB said:
Your truck would look a lot better with that sticker on the back removed. Just kidding, love the speaker grilles. Fantastic job on those.

what, my keep austin weird one, cause i know you like that one :p

an aggie in the lion's den, hehe, thanks for the input mate, peace

Excellent work. Great job with those grilles.

I personally love the color of your truck. ;) Yea, like everyone is saying nice job on the grilles. Very custom one-of-a-kind job!

on the speaker grills. just put a tweeter there. itll cover the area. and then just around the speakers put something black or soemthin just incase they can see it. as to the neon. jsut get a little 3 inches and on the bottom right side of the grill, on the door panel itself<on the inside> jsut epoxy or glue it on there and run the wires to come on with ur parking lights or anything else u want

If you want I'll see if I have any of the black speaker cloth that covered the original grilles. It should black out the openings without distorting either light or sound.

I will let you know. Right now I am deep into a new addition to my system so I am gonna leave that part as is for now. Thanks though.

ooooh somebody from Austin...i havent been here that long but your the first ive seen other than myself :chug:

Back