• Register Today It's free!

MyFord Sync compatible phones

Electrospaz

Reaction score
City, State
northeast PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
I was wondering if anyone has a Samsung Galaxy 3 that is fully compatible with myford sync. My biggest concern is, will it read my text messages? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's what I found after doing a quick search of the forum.
Carrier: Sprint Phone Model: Galaxy SIII Operating System: Android 4.04 OS/Firmware Version: latest Hardware Version: Date Purchased: 7/12/12

BT: Audio Streaming: YES Display Track Information: YES, with stock music app Reliable Connection: YES

Phonebook: Automatic Download: YES Contact Photos: NO Contact Address Information From Transferred Contacts: NOT TESTED Caller ID: YES Caller ID Photos: NO Call History Download: ?

SMS or Text Messaging: Text message read out loud: YES Text message sending: YES

Phone Tethering: NA Join Calls: ? Transfer to Privacy:?

Other Notes: Works great

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE. TEXT WORKS THOUGH.

I have a 2013 Explorer Limited and a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. When I pair the phone with the Sync system, it will read out maybe the first two or three text messages that are received. After that it doesn't unless I unpair the phone and pair it again. The phone is running Android 4.3 and I use Sprint as my carrier.

I was wondering if anyone has a Samsung Galaxy 3 that is fully compatible with myford sync. My biggest concern is, will it read my text messages? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum Electrospaz.:wavey:
As indicated in my PM, I have moved your thread to this Forum. Good luck.

Peter

I have a 2013 Explorer Limited and a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. When I pair the phone with the Sync system, it will read out maybe the first two or three text messages that are received. After that it doesn't unless I unpair the phone and pair it again. The phone is running Android 4.3 and I use Sprint as my carrier.

Hey, wedtwuk,

Do you have Wi-Fi turned on on your phone, and do you have auto phonebook download selected on MyFord Touch? If so, turn them both off and see if you receive more texts. Also, instead of unpairing your phone, try turning Bluetooth on and off on your phone.

Rebecca

Back