Naches area July '05 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches area July '05

Albino 94LTD said:
During June, I will try to convince him to Explorer the Manastash Ridge area South of I-90, which is the subject of this thread.

We will review and rate all trails Explorered and continue the planning of this X gathering :thumbsup:

You can probably convince me, however I will be out of town from the 10-13. Though if Shiloh and Zaira are game, I may be able to make this our weekend rather than camping up on Baker.

I will also be out of town from the 18th through the 26th.

If you are thinking a day trip then I am available the other 2 weekends in June.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jrgaylor said:
Check out the trail map section on this jeep site
http://www.nwjeepn.com/
I want to watch you do "Pucker Ridge", it's rated "Death Wheelin" :eek:

That's a great list. The first one that's had any info on the 600 trails around Naches.

Albino 94LTD said:
I want to watch you do "Pucker Ridge", it's rated "Death Wheelin" :eek:

That's a great list. The first one that's had any info on the 600 trails around Naches.

you know it is good wheeling when everone quits talking and tenses up.(or when the wife starts to cry)
rollbars/cage is one of my next projects after the SAS, which by way got dropped off tonight to have the gears setup :D

My wife is easy to rattle :D
A couple weeks ago a buddy of mine went over to Liberty and a couple of college grads in the same camping area took off at 2 AM and hit the trails, Sadly 2 of the 3 did not come back you may have head about it in the news they went about 800 Ft. over a cliff.
You and Phil set this up and I will try to be there, I have outings on the July 30 to Elbe hills Aug 6 Tahuya and the last weekend in August at Evans Creek.

Once again, it's down to us 3 :rolleyes:

What happened to;
urbanistic :navajo:
agzaretzka
BmotoX
Alaskan jack :exp:
Snowexploder??

Diff Whack Daddy is probably out of the country :roll:

Then there's Arsoul :confused:

Jrgaylor, DWD and Arsoul would be bored the trails Dreamr and I would limit ourselves to. :eek: but any stock rigs would ahve fun with us. :cool:

So if we do it, it sounds like it should be mid August (good fly fishing time ;) ) and based on some of the threads on SNORT, if we don't go mid week, we can expect a lot of traffic on the trails. :(

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sometime between August 8th and August 26th

Albino 94LTD said:
What happened to;
urbanistic :navajo:
agzaretzka
BmotoX
Alaskan jack :exp:
Snowexploder??
So if we do it, it sounds like it should be mid August (good fly fishing time ;) ) and based on some of the threads on SNORT, if we don't go mid week, we can expect a lot of traffic on the trails. :(

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sometime between August 8th and August 26th

I'm still lurking here, and still interested. But haven't had much time for anything fun. Haven't wet my fly line even once this year. I'll join in if I can.

agzaretzka said:
I'm still lurking here, and still interested. But haven't had much time for anything fun. Haven't wet my fly line even once this year. I'll join in if I can.
Cool.

Is there a prefference between those dates that would make it easier for you?

I am still in the country but I leave 24 July. I am never bored when the tires are off the pavement. Offroading is not just about hard core obstacles. I am just as happy with a fire road drive with beautiful scenery:D

Albino 94LTD said:
Cool.

Is there a prefference between those dates that would make it easier for you?

Too early to say, but typically weekdays are more flexible then the weekends.

Diff Whack Daddy said:
I am still in the country but I leave 24 July. I am never bored when the tires are off the pavement. Offroading is not just about hard core obstacles. I am just as happy with a fire road drive with beautiful scenery:D

Dreamr and I are headed back up the Fortune Creek drainage to Gallagher Head Lake on the 9th. You're welcome to join us. You can do it in one day or spend the evening. There are a couple trails up there that are rated the next level up from the 301 and we are retisent to drive, only for body scrape issues but all are more than 'fire roads'.

This invitation is open to anyone. Stock rigs should be able to make it to the lake.

Albino 94LTD said:
Dreamr and I are headed back up the Fortune Creek drainage to Gallagher Head Lake on the 9th. You're welcome to join us. You can do it in one day or spend the evening. There are a couple trails up there that are rated the next level up from the 301 and we are retisent to drive, only for body scrape issues but all are more than 'fire roads'.

This invitation is open to anyone. Stock rigs should be able to make it to the lake.

Deffinately all are welcome to join us.

The link JRGaylor posted above will give you an overview of all the trails in the area.

Albino 94LTD said:

This Saturday? or next month? Probably helping a friend move this Satuday, but if that falls thru, I'd love to run up for the day!

Yes, this Saturday.

If you look through this site, you will find the 'Fortune Creek' trail report and a link to the map;http://www.nwjeepn.com/ The trail head is about 7 miles North of the Salmon La Sac Fire Station.

We'll be leaving Bellevue at about 9am and should be at the trail head at about 11:30-12:00

If you think you'll be able to go, post here Friday night or Saturday morning. :thumbsup:

Edit; Oh yeah, I'm bringing an inflatable kayak and a float tube :D

Albino 94LTD said:
Edit; Oh yeah, I'm bringing an inflatable kayak and a float tube :D
Not looking like I can make it. But, out of curiosity, is float tubing the best way to fish Gallagher Head Lake? Does it have acceptable bank fishing? etc? etc?

Have a great time!

Actually we have yet to make it all the way to the lake. We have been turned back by snow 3 times.

I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures.

A float tube in an alpine lake is COLD :eek: but at least I'll have room for the back cast. My roll casting isn't very good :(

I'm also bringing my 'Fishing Buddy' fish finder :D I know it's cheating but at least I don't have an electric trolling motor for the tube ;) yet :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Albino 94LTD said:
Actually we have yet to make it all the way to the lake. We have been turned back by snow 3 times.

I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures.

A float tube in an alpine lake is COLD :eek: but at least I'll have room for the back cast. My roll casting isn't very good :(

I'm also bringing my 'Fishing Buddy' fish finder :D I know it's cheating but at least I don't have an electric trolling motor for the tube ;) yet :p

Don't you have the electric socks to wear in your waders? ;)
Looking forward to your report! The rain tonight should make for a very sweet smelling trip!

Back