• Register Today It's free!

Nav. system problem

tv4fish

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 EB V8 & 2002 EB V6
(I posted this in the 2006+ section also) Anyone else having a similar problem with their Nav. system? I have a 2007 EB - it was bought used from a private party. It had/has the 2P Ford Navteq disc. It recently has been giving me the msg. about "dirty" or non-compatible disc. I would clean the disc, re-install it, and then it would work for a short while and then give me the same msg again. So, I buy a new 8P disc from Navteq thinking it WAS a bad 2P disc. Guess what - I install the 8P disc last night - installation seems to go fine - but then I get the same old msg about dirty disc, etc. This morning I punch "map" and it works (?) but only for about 5 minutes. While it was working, we could hear a little noise, like the disc was turning, coming from the unit. Then, of course, we got the same msg. again.
Anybody had similar problems? And, would a Ford dealer be the only place to have this checked out or would a "computer" place be better? I would think that once a disc gets "loaded" - the machine should NOT have to "read" it again. Am I wrong? Any experts have some insight here? Thanks in advance for any help.

Back