Navajo replacement headlight assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Navajo replacement headlight assembly

mezrein

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Mazda Navajo
Haven't had much luck finding Navajo specific headlight assembly's in junkyards, and am not sure where to go next. I've done some searching on eBay but it mostly brings up Mustang stuff, or Ford Explorer XLT parts, which XLT parts do not fit on my Navajo, I've tried with horrible results.. Anyone have any secret links to getting new assemblies? I don't want to go through the hassle of upgrading to an HID system, just want some not so foggy lenses. Using the cleaning stuff from auto parts stores lasts about a month then they're back to their horrible dingy color.

I don't believe anybody makes them. If they are just dingy take them off the vehicle and sand the lenses with about 400 grit until all the oxidation and scratches are off, then sand them with around 600, until the 400 grit scratches are off, then repeat with 800 grit. After that spray them with a few coats of a high temp clear coat. They will look like brand new.

Back