Navigation for Explorer 2013 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Navigation for Explorer 2013 XLT

bkhalid

Reaction score
Good day!

I'm looking for procedure to install navigation system in myFord touch screen.
I heard about SD card that can enable Navi in explorer XLT but when I asked my dealer they informed me didn't have it and not support it!
So, how can I get this SD card? is there any way to request it from other dealer? and how much it will cost?

your coopeartion is highly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good day!

I'm looking for procedure to install navigation system in myFord touch screen.
I heard about SD card that can enable Navi in explorer XLT but when I asked my dealer they informed me didn't have it and not support it!
So, how can I get this SD card? is there any way to request it from other dealer? and how much it will cost?

your coopeartion is highly appreciated.

If your vehicle didn't have it installed from the factory it cannot be added after. No way around it. It's not just getting the SD card to make it work. There is software than needs to be enabled or "unlocked". Why would people pay $795 for the option if all it took was a $90 SD card from ebay?

so how do you know if your explorer has navi? i bought my '13 explorer xlt used with my ford touch / sync/ etc.

if i dont have it, is there no other way to put navi on it? thanks!

so how do you know if your explorer has navi? i bought my '13 explorer xlt used with my ford touch / sync/ etc.

if i dont have it, is there no other way to put navi on it? thanks!

If you have navigation, the upper right "quadrant" of the radio screen will say Navigation. If you don't have it, it will say Information.

If you don't have it factory installed you cannot get it any where else.

If you have navigation, the upper right "quadrant" of the radio screen will say Navigation. If you don't have it, it will say Information.

If you don't have it factory installed you cannot get it any where else.

dang! yeah, it says information. previous owner must have been a tightwad.....:( to be honest though, as cool as in dash navi is, i wouldnt pay $800 bucks either. oh well, ill just find a cheap tomtom. thanks!

Most of the time the factory NAV system does not work properly, freezes, uses outdated maps, and is way over priced for what you get as in Headaches....buy a Garmin, you will be way ahead.....besst regards Plum

Most of the time the factory NAV system does not work properly, freezes, uses outdated maps, and is way over priced for what you get as in Headaches....buy a Garmin, you will be way ahead.....besst regards Plum

Most of the time, as in 80-90%? Are you speaking with first hand knowledge about the factory MyFord Touch nav system?

Maybe on your unit, but the NAV in my Explorer works extremely well. No problems with it, all the maps I've run across so far are up to date, it recognizes my voice commands, and no freezes.

I did have a problem with the maps with the original card that came with the truck but that was resolved with the newer card.

I have zero problems with my NAV. If you want a Garmin go ahead, but dont knock the MFT NAV just because you dont have one.

I have zero problems with my NAV. If you want a Garmin go ahead, but dont knock the MFT NAV just because you dont have one.

You are fortunate to have zero problems with your nav. A few of us have systems that cannot accurately track the location of the vehicle, which makes them useless. Ford has no solution to the problem and no ETA for a solution. A defective Garmin could be easily returned or replaced. For now, I'm using my iPhone for navigation.

I am also having consistent problems with my nav freezing, lagging heavily and sometimes completely shutting off and restarting. How do you go about getting a new SD card? Im getting very frustrated with the entire system as sometimes it wont hang up a bluetooth call and locks me out of the system for 5-6 minutes..

WiEx and XPLRTHIS - It sounds to me like you need new APIMs (the MFT computer). Especially you XPLRTHIS. Talk to your dealer about your issues, and if they haven't replaced your APIM yet, find another dealer.

WiEx - if you are in western wisconsin I can suggest a few good dealers.

Oh, and one more thing - if you have a lot of contacts in your phonebook for your phone - that can cause lots of problems if you set the automatic phonebook download to on.... We had a member who had like 2,000 phonebook entries and his system was always freezing. Other members have reported improvements turning the auto phonebook download to off with smaller phonebooks.

WiEx and XPLRTHIS - It sounds to me like you need new APIMs (the MFT computer). Especially you XPLRTHIS.

WiEx - if you are in western wisconsin I can suggest a few good dealers

I'm in the lakes area of northwestern Wisconsin. I own a Ford because of its small town dealer network. The nearest cities are Duluth/Superior, Eau Claire, and the Twin Cities. It would be worth a drive to resolve the issue, but I think that it is unlikely to help at this time.

My dealer contacted Ford and was told that my nav problem was a known issue without a current solution. I contacted Rebecca, who sent it to Customer Care, which contacted me with the same answer. It seems unlikely that another dealer could get Ford to approve warranty work. I am supposed to get an update on Friday.

I have found other owners online with systems that do not accurately locate the vehicle and show it off-road or on nearby streets. None of them have received a different answer from their dealers or Ford.

I'm in the lakes area of northwestern Wisconsin. I own a Ford because of its small town dealer network. The nearest cities are Duluth/Superior, Eau Claire, and the Twin Cities. It would be worth a drive to resolve the issue, but I think that it is unlikely to help at this time.

My dealer contacted Ford and was told that my nav problem was a known issue without a current solution. I contacted Rebecca, who sent it to Customer Care, which contacted me with the same answer. It seems unlikely that another dealer could get Ford to approve warranty work. I am supposed to get an update on Friday.

I have found other owners online with systems that do not accurately locate the vehicle and show it off-road or on nearby streets. None of them have received a different answer from their dealers or Ford.

PM Sent.

WiEx and XPLRTHIS - It sounds to me like you need new APIMs (the MFT computer). Especially you XPLRTHIS. Talk to your dealer about your issues, and if they haven't replaced your APIM yet, find another dealer.

WiEx - if you are in western wisconsin I can suggest a few good dealers.

Oh, and one more thing - if you have a lot of contacts in your phonebook for your phone - that can cause lots of problems if you set the automatic phonebook download to on.... We had a member who had like 2,000 phonebook entries and his system was always freezing. Other members have reported improvements turning the auto phonebook download to off with smaller phonebooks.

Thanks for the help! I will take it in ASAP and explain the problems. Hopefully they can fix it because its incredibly annoying!

Back