• Register Today It's free!

Navigation in a Gen2

tsilney

Reaction score
City, State
montgomery, il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Hi, what is a good navigation/head unit for a 2001 EB? Looking to add naviation and a ipod jack. Would like one that fits in the factory slot with out a flip up screen. I have seen some on this forum but cannot locate where to buy them. Any help or suggestions or pictures of them installed would be great? Went to crutchfield and they only have flip up for the ford explorer.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Find examples of other threads here, look for "double DIN radio." Those guys just trimmed the stock hole a little larger, that's the main change.

FYI, mounting any aftermarket radio in these trucks has you mounting it to the bezel itself, and not the center support like the stock radio. So try to have a good security system, it is very easy to steal those.

Hi, I am going to go with the kenwood dnx 5120. It looks awsome. I got the wire harnass adaptor and the socsoche adaptor. Is there anything else to look at that I will need? I cannot find a good thread on how to install a Double Din. Is there any antitheft stuff like Pats to worry about.
Last thing is I am going to get the adaptor to keep the steering wheel controls, will the rear controls work as well with the same adaptor?

I have not read of details with the adapters to retain the steering wheel controls. I need to research that myself for another car of mine soon.

Back