Navigation Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Navigation Questions

sm4astan

Reaction score
City, State
Holland Patent, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
I've had the X a week now, and decided to try the Nav just to see how accurate it is since I have a road trip coming up this weekend. After using it today, I have a few questions -

1. How do you turn up the volume on spoken directions? The turn by turn directions were almost silent. I looked through the options I could think of but couldn't find a volume option anywhere. Turning up the radio didn't help. I can't think it's meant to be as soft as it is. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn the volume up?

2. Auto Route Change Option -So on the way home, the route preference was set to fastest, but I believed the "shortest" route was actually faster. After having the route selected, I started to drive the way I wanted to go expecting the route to update itself after a short while and pick-up with the new route directions but it never did. It kept trying to get me back on the original route. Does anyone know if that's how it works, or should it be able to update and select a new route once something else becomes better? I know my Garmin does this.

Thanks for the help.

Sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I just RTFM and may have found part of an answer. It appears (since I have Nav Voice) I can speak the command "Voice Volume Increase". I imagine that's what I want to try, but I'd still like to know where this can be changed by hand.

Try here,
http://www.syncmyride.com/own/touch/settings/system-settings-for-voice-commands

Cheers

This page here is from the SYNC site, it's called How Things Work.
Pretty much explains everything.

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/touch/settings/adjusting-settings-for-your-system

TTFN

Thanks. I had searched the settings and the MyFord Touch help site but was looking under Navigation not Voice Control.

Does anyone have experience with whether the route will automatically adjust if you go off course? I'll be doing more testing, but just was wondering. So far, I think there are a number of things I like better about my Garmin, and a number I like better about this Nav.

The NAV should auto correct if you miss a turn. It will try to get you back on the original route, if your only a turn away. It will plot a new route if you have deviated significantly enough from the original route.

I was using a TomTom on my old Ex, and still think its got more smarts than the NAV in the new Ex.

Back