Need 1.5 Shackles (Where can i find cheapest) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need 1.5 Shackles (Where can i find cheapest)

connor803

Reaction score
I have the autozone shackles but i dont want to put them on cuz they look ****ty so where can i find 1.5 shackles for 2000 explorer i dont want to spent lot of money on them and will 1.5 inch lift shackles for 2000 ranger fit on my explorer...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

copperheadfab.com has some cheap 2 inch lift shackles that will need to be slightly redrilled. If you want 1.5 inch warrior shackles I recommend looking at amazon.com for a set of war-153 warrior shackles. This is where I got mine because I found a really good deal. desertrat.com also sells warrior shackles for a fairly good price so check there too.
Good Luck

well depending on where you are ill trade you a pair of drilled copperhead fab shackles for your stockers.i decided to go the other route and lower mine.

I have the autozone shackles but i dont want to put them on cuz they look ****ty so where can i find 1.5 shackles for 2000 explorer i dont want to spent lot of money on them and will 1.5 inch lift shackles for 2000 ranger fit on my explorer...

The autozone shackles are fine. I have them on my explorer and have beaten my explorer very hard. They have held up through years of abuse.

I too run autozone shackles and know multiple others that do and have had no issues over years of abuse.

The autozone shackles are better than stock. They are also not connected in the middle which some people say is better for flexing. If your worried about no center support It would not take much to weld or bolt in a center piece.

make them i did

hello all im looking for about the same size lift exactly which autozone shackles are you guys using anyone have a link or part number
Thanks
Danny

I made my own using 1/2" thick plate. With the plate being that thick, you don't need the center brace, just 4 pieces (2 per side) cut and drilled the same, and some longer bolts. I got my material out of the scrap bin at work. If you want to lift/level your X, a good rule of thumb is this, for every 1" you increase the center to center of the bolts, you will get about a 1/2" of lift.

Back